Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginnyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Hot Tub Water Problem
    We have a new Jacuzzi Hot Tub, installed a year ago. It is indoors. Recently it has something floating around in the water and we can't seem to get rid of it. Help! What is it and how do we get rid of it? We can't use this wonderful hot tub in this condition!
    Bgd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Describe what something is. Did this start suddenly?
    ginnyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
    It did seem to come up suddenly. We hadn't been using it for a couple of weeks or so. So we changed the water but it didn't go away. Just as bad as before. What is floating is tan colored flat flake shaped things. My guess that it is bacteria. I gave it a super dose of Bromide Saturday, but it didn't take it away. Of course we have cleaned the bag and filters. And have used a fish tank net to scoop up the stuff.
    Bgd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
    It sounds like a chemical problem. Go to your local pool supply company and ask for a water sample bottle. Most of the bigger companies (Bioguard dealers) offer free water analysis. This will most likely show the problem and a solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Brown hot water in tub/ and cloudy water in well [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a new house. It has an electric RHEEM hot water heater and I am running it on a well. 1st question about the well cold water is cloudy and I have run the well for 3 straight days. The well is 181 ft deep. Is there a way to get ride of the cloudy water? 2nd My hot water...

No hot water in tub [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm wondering if there's someone out there that can help me. Recently, my bath tub upstairs stopped having hot water. Most of the time, it is only luke warm. It is heated through gas, and I turned the water heater up quite a bit and still no hot water. Hot water comes out fine in the...

No hot water in tub [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has an oil burner to heat the house and water.. last night I discovered no hot water in tub to bath the kids but hot water in the kitchen sink.. who do I call plumber or furnace man... any thoughts on why?

Hot water in tub has no pressure [ 2 Answers ]

The hot water faucet in my tub has lost pressure. It barely lets water through. My sink is fine. My faucet is two knobs mounted to the wall, the tub spicket, and an external hand-held shower head. The name on the knobs is Rockwell. The spicket was recently replaced.

View more questions Search