Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yebria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Am I Crazy
    :o I'm in love with a married man. We've been together for almost two years and we have a child together. I want him to get a divorce and be with me and our son. Am I crazy for wanting that??
    Tabi Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jan 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
    My opinion is Yes you are crazy. If he hasn't left his wife after 2 yrs even after having a child together he prob. Never will. I say move on w/ your life and stop trying to be w/ him.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
    No married man is going to leave you for his wife 99% of the time. He has played you from day 1 and kept you dangling on a piece of string with a big sign that says false hope on it. He sounds like a real P**t to me for cheating on his wife and what makes you think that once he gets bored with you, he would not do the same to you?

Think about it... It can't be as special as you think. If it were that special, he would have left his wife first and then pursued a relationship with you.

Leave this situation and Move On>>>FAR AWAY FROM HIM.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 04:53 PM
    You are crazy to be with a married man. Also having a child with a married man. Are you wrong or crazy for wanting him to get a divorce, No. You have a family with him as well. You want to be married to him now. That is understandable. Now just for instance he does get a divorce and gets married to you. Are you going to be concerned that he might have another girl on the side besides you? I agree with others. He probably will never leave his wife. The only way he might is if he is forced too. Especially if his wife finds out about you, if she did not already?

Joe
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 04:53 PM
    OMG, I am sure you really do not want me to answer this.

Yes, you are crazy!!

You are the kind of woman who ruined my marriage and my children. They will never be the same. They do not trust anyone.

He will not leave his wife, if he does, he will cheat on you. Trust me, I lived through it.

He made a vow before God that he would be with his wife... he is not. He makes excuses as to why he cannot be with you on holidays and important occasions. He comes to your house to lie down with you passionately, then goes home to his unsuspecting wife and gets passionate with her too.

Get on with your life, get a real life with a man that is unattached.

Yes, I sound harsh, but I was the wife who was cheated on... I was her... If you expect him to leave her for you, you will be cheated on too.

I am very harsh to the person who ruins the lives of young helpless children because they think that dating a married person is fun and/or exciting.

Personally, I think it shows no morals or values.

I am sorry your child will have to grow up in this environment.
    lil_mandy Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Jan 20, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Being in love with a man who cannot give you the same respect ( as in being with you in a permanent relationship isn't a man you should be wife .I ask you does this man/ care for his child you made with him?If so then fair enough a problem for your child is that the complex situtation you are may leave him/her with a part - time dad.

You have to distance yourself from this man , already he is wrecking his own life and marriage by being with you , but he is also messing up your life where you are sitting at the door waiting for him to come.

He sounds like (after 2 yrs) he has no intention of leaving his wife as harsh as this may sound you have to get away before your life gets more disrupted , think of your child first , no matter how much you love him , you either ask him to come clean with his wife or that or its over and he is to see his child once he knows he can be a better father. ( rather than a part time dad)

Good luck in all that you do keep us posted on how things go
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 08:07 PM
    By all means, keep on waiting. Hell will freeze over first.

He has not left his marriage yet and there is no reason for him to do so. He is having his cake and eating it too, complete with icing. He has a child with you, what about his other children? Wouldn't they love to know they have a brother?

If you do not get anything from all these posts except for the fact you are being played by this man and need to move on with your lilfe and the life of your child, you will be in the right direction. So get going! You got two feet - point them to the North Star and get moving.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebria
    I crazy for wanting that???
    No

I was lying you are. I played you. Just like he does.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 02:06 AM
    Well, I will need to disagree with the others. Are you crazy ?- No. No you are not crazy. Otherwise you would have an excuse for making such foolish and selfish choices. For wanting something that you know deep down will hurt so many people.

You are of sound mind, you just have not been using it very well. It's time you open up those eyes and truly see what the actual reality is. Yebria, my gut is telling me, that right now, he's doing the same thing to you.

Here's the good news. You are not crazy. So you are more than capable of making the right choice. I know you have it in you to do it. I know you will choose not to hurt this mans wife and family any longer. I know you will choose a better life for your child. I know you will have enough self respect and self love to want better for yourself as well.

Yebria, it is time you put an end to this false reality you have set for yourself. Will this man leave his wife and be with you? Yebria, you don't want him. How could you possibly ever trust him. You won't be able to. Please stop this heartache that you have set in motion.

By the way, if this man ever did leave his wife to be with you, trust me, we would tell the woman that he is cheating on you with (because there is a 99.9% possibiliy that is going to happen) the same thing.

Yebria, you can do this. Each day is a chance to start new. Don't you want to feel good about yourself, to set a good example for your child, to not intentionally cause hurt to his wife?

By the way Yebria, I actually am in 100% agreement with all the other post. I am just taking your question "Am I crazy" in the literal sense. No, you are not crazy, so you have no excuse for these poor choices.

Today is a new day - Make the change. There really is no other choice.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 05:56 AM
    No, not crazy, just foolish. You should be glad he hasn't left his wife for you, because then you'd be married to a cheater. Go. Get him out of your life and find a real father for your child. That's who the victim is here. Such a sad situation. Don't make it worse by prolonging it.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 06:57 AM
    I agree with allheart, I liked her response as it was quite reassuring and had good balance... You are not crazy, sorry did not answer that first of all. The situation you are in to me looks crazy because like Allheart says you are obviously of sound mind to be able to stand back and think, "is this crazy?" You know why the situation is crazy is because he is never going to leave his wife and he plays you in a big way. He uses you, he is a bad person no matter how special you think he is, he is not, his actions speak volumes about what kind of person he is.

You must see that, don't you?

Don't listen to his lies, he will say anything to keep you there dangling on his piece of string. There are good people out there and this guy is not one of them and think of his wife, put yourself in her shoes, how would you feel? Does she really deserve this? And think of the child/children (if he has children with his wife too) how would this affect them? What message would it give them if they were to find out?

So many people can get hurt here, including yourself. You must leave this situation with that in mind.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebria
    :o I'm in love with a married man. We've been together for almost two years and we have a child together. I want him to get a divorce and be with me and our son. Am I crazy for wanting that???
    Yes you are absolutely crazy for wanting a life from someone you has fed you crap for two years.
    Yes you are absolutely crazy for bringing a child into this insane relationship know good and well he is not leaving his wife for you.
    Yes you are absolutely crazy to even believe for one minute he would ever choose you and yours over his wife and children.
    Yes you are absolutely crazy for thinking that he loves you more than his wife, your only the mistress. KNOW your place.

Your problem with insanity started two years ago when you let him in your life with whatever line he gave you.

Make sure you have child support, and get ready to explain how crazy you were before he was born.
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Jan 21, 2007, 08:01 AM
    No you are not crazy, nor are you alone. Men and women have affairs while married and some leave their spouses and some don't. If they do not leave their spouses in the first few months of a relationship, they are not going to. As time goes by, they get just as comfortable in their second life as in their first. Do not waste anymore time with this man. Your child is going to start asking questions and what are you going to say to him/her? The guy is going to get caught with you or get tired of the situation. It gets old running back and forth and telling lie after lie. You know he lies to her, you know he lies to you. Is that the kind of person you want to be with and have for a role model for your child? I know you so want to believe him, he probably even believes he may leave his wife someday. He won't, not if it has been 2 years.
    You have a child now and that should be your first priority, make a life you will be proud to talk about. I am sure you have to have feelings of low self esteem living in the shadow of lies. You and your child deserve so much more. Step out of that box and get in a healthy life. Find a man you can have a true life with. Someone who takes you to public places and comes home every night and every holiday and does not lie. If he lies to his wife he is going to lie to you and if his mother is alive he is telling her lies. Run, girl run.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Jan 21, 2007, 09:14 AM
    While I don't think you're Crazy, I am sure you know that he will not leave his wife for you.... he doesn't Love you... he's using you... I wish the news was better, but I'm sure you know this!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Hi Yebria,

It's me Allheart again. Wow you sure did get a good bit of responses and it may be a great deal to take in all at once. You are in a heck of a situation because you have a child with this man.

I hope you understand that all this feedback is to help you see the light and get you to a better place, so to speak.

No, you are not crazy and I am not beating around any bush or sugarcoating my words to you. Frankly I was concerned that I may have been too harsh.

Here's what I feel is the bottom line. You made a terribly wrong turn on a road that you should have never been on. None of us our perfect, and all have areas in our life we need to work on. This is a huge one for you. Your wrong turn is effecting so many people in a very hurtful way.

You have the power within you, to do the right thing. To change this all around and do right by your child, this man's wife and family and yourself. You can not possibly feel good inside with the choices that you have made.

When you read all these post, take some time to really read them and try and understand that these may be the most beneficial words, guidance and advice that you may ever receive and may make all the difference in what the future holds for you and your child.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:37 PM
    This is a fascinating thread. Diametrically opposing answers to the "Am I crazy?" question; perfect unanimity on the "What should I do?" question.

Doh! She didn't ask that one! (I know, I did it too).

Does the site have a discalimer anywhere along the lines of "Be forewarned that you may get answers to questions people think you SHOULD have asked, in addition to the ones you actually do ask"?

In this case, I think it's warranted, because crazy or not, she still has to figure out what to do next. The ship has sailed, the train has left the station. The child is born and must be raised.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by evoxbeck
    Wow ur messed in the mind woman, he wouldnt be married for no reason, r u sure its ur kid from him or someone else?
    Well we can debate her state of mind all day long but to her credit she is smart enough to spell words.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 02:23 PM
    It looks like evoxbeck got the almighty kick in the butt. Lol

Chuff excellent observation, some people do not give this girl enough credit.

Joe
    ellen4441 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Great words of wisdom, K_3... regarding the fact that if a spouse does not leave their marriage within the first few months or so, they probably never will!

I almost got into a sticky situation myself with someone. But I am so grateful that he quickly nipped it in the bud, and said to me that he better "work things through" with his wife first.

Cause I feel that I am the weak one, and I'm so glad he was strong and is doing the honorable thing. This way , if we were really meant to be, we can be together for real.
    I don't like sneaking around.

You are not crazy for wanting this man to be yours; that's just a natural feeling.
    But you must look at the deeper picture. Cause I don't even get the vibes that this guy is having "problems" with his wife. He sounds like he is just a 2-timer.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jan 22, 2007, 12:16 PM
    I disagree. I don't think you're crazy. I think you're selfish and inconsiderate beyond belief, but not crazy. To be crazy you'd have to do things without thinking, but you thought about it, knew the harm you would bring to his family and your innocent child and did it anyway to make yourself happy. That's not crazy, that's self-absorbed.

Really, you want a man who was willing to screw over his current family to have a little action on the side? The only difference will be that you will be the one washing his dirty overly used underwear and not her. Besides that, nothing will change because he will commit to be faithful to no one but himself. He comes first, last, always. Wow, what a winner!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help, I'm going crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember a lot so there is prob no hope in me finding the answer! It was a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid... I think it was a movie perhaps.. either way it was an animation. I grew up mid 80s to 90s seeing it so it would be from around that time, maybe a little earlier even. ...

Am I going crazy? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I'm 25 and just last yr I was diagnosed w/diabetes. My dr. told me of all the right foods I need to eat and what wrong foods I need to stay away from. I honestly have to say that some sugar-free items are good but you really can't compare a sugar-free cookie to an oreo. Well, my boyfriend...

Am I Crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I have a son that is 14 months old... im not sure when this started but I think it happened when I was pregnant. There are times when I know that I am crazy but I don't know what to do about it. I think I am crazy because I always think ghost are after me. Not really like...

Do you think I'm crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

Now this is how my story goes I've known this guy for a year now and we've been friends,very close friends ever since but last November we started getting real close I thot it waz 4 good maybe we culd date but it never happened we talk till d early hrs of the mornin and go to d same college still I...

View more questions Search