Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brighteyes00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 12:34 PM
    Am in search of my father. I don't know his name, but I know a few things
    I am in search of my father. He was in the Navy anywhere between 1949 to 1953. I don't know his name... I wished that I did. He dated my mom, Dot Hedman Cunningham in 1951. I understand that he had a trailer park in Mishawaka, Indiana I only saw him in one picture and he was dressed in Navy whites, and had blond hair. I have his Navy ring and it has a chip in it. I believe his last name starts with He... I don't want to upset anyone's family, I just want to know for health reasons and roots.

Blessings,

Rebecca Cunningham Daigle
    504-737-1400
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Mar 10, 2011, 01:25 PM
    I strongly suggest removing your phone number.

----Are there relatives who may lead you in a better direction? I had my Dad's FULL name and had a hard time getting a hold of him. It took a good bit of effort.

Are you hoping him, his family or someone on hear may know of his name? It is most unlikely. Supply an email address instead of your phone number.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 10, 2011, 01:35 PM
    You would have a lot more searching options if you could get his name. I take it your mother has passed, and she never told you the name or never wrote it down? And it's not on your birth certificate?

The only thing I can think of for you to do is see if you can get any property information from Mishawaka. Maybe the assessor's office has a way for you to search for historical information. I guess you'd look for what the trailer parks in the area were named and then try to find out who owned the property, and see if that lines up with a name that starts with He. But, it could just as easily be a dead end if this fact wasn't even true. If you even knew his hometown, you could try reaching out with his photo.

Best of luck to you if you decide to follow what few leads you have.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 10, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Also, I agree with removing your phone number and even your name for privacy's sake.

Are there any family elders you can question about anything else your mother might have shared about your father with them?
    Brighteyes00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 03:02 PM
    I don't know how to remove my number. Can someone help
    N8sGonzale8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 01:39 PM
    I would like to know if anyone reading these went to Green Mountain High School Lakewood, CO in yrs 1980-1983? My mother had a "one night" stand with a man named Darrel. I've heard many stories that they were actually a couple, but no one will givw me a straight answer. Please let me know!

Thank you!

[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Can I Search For My Biological Father? [ 4 Answers ]

Can Anyone Please Help... I'm Only 14, And I Really Want To Know Why I Wasn't Good Enough FOr Him.

In Search For My Real Father. [ 3 Answers ]

It has been said that if I look in the mirror, I look like my father. His name Larry Joe Washington, he is about 58 or 59 years old and use to live in Wahiawa, Hawaii. He was stationed on the island and I think he relocated in California. There's Richmond, San Pablo, and Oakland... Relatives of...

Where to search for things on the internet. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to get my fingerprints done so I can get a fingerprint check at the Arizona Department of Insurance, how would I go about doing this?

Search for my father [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is chalie wood (maiden name brown), I am searching for my biological father I have tried a few trace sites and the electetrol register and have had no luck I have even tried contacting jeremy kylie and he couldn't help, is there any other way of finding out who my dad is I only have his...

View more questions Search