Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yueehs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 09:53 AM
    What is Language acquisition?
    Hi, can you explain in simple words what 'Language acquisition' is?

Thanks.

Yueehs
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 10:35 AM

Language acquisition is the ability to use words, acquiring that capability through many means, to communicate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if community language is my national language [ 1 Answers ]

Australian community language Urdu is my national language. Now, please tell me in this case if I want to claim these points what documents are required? Even I am native Urdu speaker.

Categorization of pre-acquisition reserves and post-acquisition reserves [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it important to categorize the reserves of the subsidiary company into "pre-acquisition reserves" and "post-acquisition reserves" for purposes of consolidation? What do you think could happen if no such distinction is required in consolidation?

Language acquisition [ 1 Answers ]

Analysis of some textbooks' tasks according to SLA theories.

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search