Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcfeucht Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 07:13 PM
    Microsoft Word 2010 feature "Auto Correct"
    Just bought a new HP computer with Windows 7 and Microsoft 2010 loaded. I am a medical transcriptionist and I use the feature 'Auto Correct' heavily to format frequently used phrases. I have found WHERE this feature is in Word 2010 but when I add phrases, they do NOT remain the next day when I turn the computer on. What am I doing wrong? I have gone on Google and searched all the possible scenarios and am still lost. They will stay in while my computer is on but are gone once the computer is turned off. Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2011, 07:15 PM

Which version of Office? Did you purchase a license?

Mar 9, 2011, 07:20 PM
    Scott-it is Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010. I purchased it at Office Depot, installed it and the software was activated during installation. Is the purchase of a license a separate purchase from the $149 I paid from Office Depot?

Mar 9, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Sorry, Scott, I am just learning how this Help Desk works. Posted my response incorrectly. It is Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010. I purchased it at Office Depot, installed it and the software was activated during installation. Is the purchase of a license a separate purchase from the $149 I paid from Office Depot?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 10, 2011, 05:02 AM

Actually you posted your response correctly. You should use the Answer options for followups, not the Comments.

All HPs have the Home and Student version preinstalled as a trial. When you purchase the retail version separately you get disks and a product key. Did you install the from the disk? Did it upgrade the installed trial? Or did you just enter the product key when you first used the trial? Also, there was a version of Office called Office Starter preinstalled. Are you sure you are not using that? Check the Help then About to see what version you have and whether a product key has been used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hyperlink trouble with Microsoft Word 2010 [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I click a hyperlink on any of my 2010 Word documents I get the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well, I am the administrator of my computer and I don't know what to do to resolve this...

Converting files from Microsoft Word to Word Perfect 11? [ 3 Answers ]

I use a laptop with Microsoft Word for traveling and my home PC has Word Perfect 11. I have since installed Word Perfect on my laptop. When I try to open a file on my laptop that I created with Word, it says file cannot be located. How can I integrate and have all files on both computers open with...

Microsoft word will not [ 2 Answers ]

Microsoft word will not let me type a business letter past a paragraph. It refuse to type any further.

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

View more questions Search