Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerxx Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 07:02 PM
    Am I suffering from anxiety? And what do I do about it?
    I keep panicking about things and I get really upset and shaky, it happens quite a lot when I worry about my boyfriend.. he has done nothing wrong I just get really worried we are going to break up.. he gives me no reason to think this most of the time. This is not the only thing that makes me feel this way though.
    When I feel like this I get all light headed and a lump in my throat I keep crying and feel like I can't breathe properly normally I can calm myself down after 10-15 minutes but usually it comes back after a few minutes. A few times this has resulted in me being sick :/ I have had a little look on the net and the only things I could find were about anxiety.. I'm not really sure what this is and how to deal with it? Please help
    ajstone Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2011, 06:23 AM
    Hi tiggerxx :) it sounds like you're suffering from panic attacks, which are a physical manifestation of anxiety.

Anxiety is a stress response that we all get, but sometimes it can come to us at times which isn't really helpful or necerssary. That heavy pounding in your chest is a physical part of it, as are the panic attacks. Insecurity can cause anxious feelings, which may be linked to these feelingsa about your boyfriend. Perhaps you are lacking self-confidence and esteem? Maybe thinking about how you feel about yourself, rather than how your boyfriend is behaving might be able to help you work out why you are scared of being broken up with.

What do you enjoy doing? Listening to music that has a calming tone (think folky stuff, perhaps- like Alela Diane or Devon Sproule) or having a bath, going for a walk, meditating can help. Check out the internet for some really good tips on body relaxation. Apparently you can't be emotionally stressed if your body is.

Also, if you're COMPLETELY overwhelmed, doing exercise can help- like a run around the block.

I'm not one for medication personally, but popping up to your GP/Doctor might help, they can usually give some good advice and help. Good luck =)
    mandybaldwin Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Yoga helps a lot learning to breath. I have panic attaks to especitally when my man went out I didn't know why but it got bad I talked to my doctor and I was on meds for a while lernt abit more about myself and how to cope with many times going into a mental health cousilling center and getting a little perspective and to let out my amotions it helps. Write, write when you are having panic attaks put pen to paper and write anything doesn't matter if it makes sense or not it doesn't need to be in order or make any sense what soever just write.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Suffering [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so my boyfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago, he said that he loved me but couldn't be with me because he had nothing to offer to me.. I am in no way an interested person and all I want is for him to love me and be mine.. he says that he doesn't want me out of his life and wants to be...

Ptsd think am suffering from it [ 2 Answers ]

I was raped I really can't speak much about it because it gets to me, but I think I may be suffering from ptsd and I need help I can't sleep, I have nightmares too, am jumpy around people, how can I make this go away and be stronger with my life ?

Suffering with pimples. [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 yrs old unmarried female. I am getting pimples on my cheeks and forehead. Till the age of 19 it was not their. But now it is much.

Are you suffering from eco-anxiety? [ 6 Answers ]

I know this is may be a little late for some of you but I just heard about this devastating disorder... I had no idea. Could this explain some of the frantic postings on boards such as this, the anger among environmental activists everywhere? Could it explain - The Goracle? ...

Suffering with sever anxiety [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE can somebody help me!! I am 23 years old and as long as I can remember I have always been the same. I have negative thoughts all the time, I can never see the good in anything! I am always really really tired and have no energy. I am not working at the moment and the thought of getting a...

View more questions Search