Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 06:50 PM
    Jaton Nvidia PX7200GS with Integrated Graphics and 3 monitors.
    At work we purchased some Lenovo A58's about a year ago and we have used them to replace some older workstations at work. The A58 is a low profile machine and so we had to buy different Graphics Cards then the ones we already had. We used to have HP NVidia's but we bought the Jaton NVidia PX7200GS' this is a PCIe card with VGA and DVI output. Now, we have never used the A58's as front desk PC's (they use 3 monitors, not 2) until today.

We ran into a little issue with the Jaton Card and the Integrated VGA not allowing for 3 monitors. I read up on an article stating the PCIe is a 16 channel and this Jaton card uses all channels not allowing for the integrated graphics to be recognized (hence, no capability of 3 screens)

Our front desk receptionists need 3 screens to effectively work. Can anyone clarify what is meant by the 16 channel thing and kind of point me in the direction we need to go to allow 3 screens on the A58 machines?

Thanks!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 02:02 PM

Never mind. We bought a Jaton GX4000 PCI (instead of PCIe) and issue resolved!

The issue is this. There are 16 channels used for video. PCIe uses all these channels not allowing the integrated graphics to be recognized. (hence no 3 screens)
    PCI uses less than 16 so the integrated can be recognized as well. (allowing for 3+ screens)

This is a scenario where better is not always better ;)

Thread Closed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Would a integrated gma 900 video graphics card be good for FSX [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know if this video card would be good to play flight simulator X.

NVidia GPU Settlement! [ 4 Answers ]

As some of you may be aware, there is a proposed settlement for those who have bought various laptops with NVidia GPU's/MCP's. The following is the reason for the settlement: "The lawsuit claimed that NVIDIA sold defective Graphics Processing Units (“GPUs”) and Media and Communications...

I put a new NVIDIA graphics card in and now my computer won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a refurbished gateway computer from tigerdirect.com around a year ago. When I first turned it on my computer it had a bluish tint and I had to send in my nvidia graphics card and it took about a month but I eventually got a new one. I haven't had any problems with it other than that up...

Nvidia device driver [ 2 Answers ]

I am frequently getting the message that my system, running XP has recovered from a serious problem caused by Nvidia GeForce mx/mx driver. What do I need to do to solve this please?

View more questions Search