Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wannabeawebgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Can a plain-jane kind of girl make any money in the web cam industry?
    Hey all! I am a full time college student, recently divorced, and low on options to pay for my tuition. I have been considering doing web cam modeling online to earn money for school and bills, etc. However, I am very average looking. People say I'm pretty but I am by NO MEANS the barbiedoll- perfect hair- perfect makeup kind of girl, and I have very small breasts. I'm in good shape and have wide hips and a bigger-than-average bum, and lots of tatts. I just don't know if anyone would actually pay to see me? Do average girls have a shot in the web cam industry? I don't want to start doing it unless I know I can make money!

Also, what are some good sites? Anything I should know before trying it? Any advice would be great!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 06:24 PM

So you have never looked or watch any of the girls in these ?

Some are as ugly as professional wrestlers.

With that said I am sure there must be other options
    wannabeawebgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 06:58 PM
    I have lurked a few sites and yes I did see a few questionable women, but I have absolutely no idea if they make any money doing it. And unfortunately I have exhausted all other options financially. My divorce has left me in a pile of debt and my minimum wage job just isn't cutting it. I just downsized to a studio apartment but there just isn't enough money to pay everything. I have no family near by to help me out and no choice but to find other means to support myself.
    waynesol Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2011, 10:13 AM
    There are so many ways to make money on the web and live reality television of course has its moment so live webcams have their time as well. My suggestion is keep it clean but create a following and create your own website with your own domain and if you keep it clean you can use Google Adsense to make money when people click an ad on a topic that you are discussing. If you go for the adult option remember that Google ads would not be allowed. Also check with some affiliate sites from Linkshare such as 1-800-Flowers or some general interest advertisers.

Wayne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web cam? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a webcam, but when we bought our new computer we couldn't find the disk I browsed the internet and its called a VP-EYE... but I was wondering if anyone knew how to install it without a disc..

Web cam [ 1 Answers ]

I have msn messenger and so has my son neither of us can talk to each other but we can see each other please help

Looking for Web Cam [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a good web cam that when it is on and you are chatting with someone it looks like you are looking through a window.

Web Cam on XP [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install my webcam onto XP and when loading I get an error saying ' The file "omcam USD.D11" on dual mode PC camera driver disk is needed' I have the installation disk so is there something on XP I need to change? The cam (cheap one) is a spacecam200 from itrust.

View more questions Search