Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help1201 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Suspended at work
    I was wanting to know if I have a lawsuit case for the following. I was recently suspended for insabordination from 2008. I work at a bank and I was asked back in 2008 to put locks on all teller cash boxes in which another employee was going to help me with time past on and I forgot all about following up on it to get this done. Now 2 years later some money came up missing out of none the less my cash box which had not been used in the past 6 months. Not knowing who took the money and knowing that I didn't take it, I was suspended cause the bank took a loss, and until the investigation is over I am without work and pay. Do you think I would have a case in this matter?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 11:17 AM

During those two years, did a supervisor or a bank official remind you and the other employee to get the work done? Where is the other employee now?
    help1201 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    No my CEO asked me to do this and none ever checked behind me or ask me anything about if or why it wasn't done until now when the money went missing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 11:21 AM

Has the other employee left the bank's employ?

Why do you think you may have a lawsuit? What's in your favor?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2011, 11:22 AM

Doubt it... not at this point. Its standard procedure in banks when there is a shortage to keep the people who was short away from access to any other money pending an investigation.

Question... why did you have a cash box that wasn't being used for 6 months with money in it. Why would it hold the money and be balanced at COB daily if it wasn't being used for that long.

It should have been returned to the vault and documented. And cash drawers at a bank ARE balanced at the end of the day... every day. Even for loan officers. Even if you push papers... if they represent money... you balance at the end of the day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspended license [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find an attorney to assist me in getting back my license

Suspended DL in WI [ 2 Answers ]

I know someone who was given a citation for OWI in March 2006; in June 2006, they sentenced him 60 days of local jail with work release and revoked his driver's license for 27 months. He was then given a citation in May 2008 for operating after revocation(they included that the revocation was due...

Suspended sentence [ 2 Answers ]

My partner received a suspended sentence in September 2006 for 12 months for drink driving whilst disqualified. We had a big row and he assaulted me and got arrested for assault by beating, I am going to re tract my statement. Will he still go to prison?

Suspended from work [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. I av been suspended from work pending further enquireis as I av been accused of theft from the company I work with. They showed me a pile of receipts and said that I have been signing the reciepts and making faulse addresses as the transaction numbers are false and that they...

View more questions Search