Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 12:18 AM
    Smelting furnace problems
    I built a gas furnace to melt metal,but I'm having a problem with the flame.I'm using my air compressor to blow in air,the flame does good when the lid is open but when the lid is closed the flame dies down a little and turns blue. PLEASE HELP ON HOW TO GET THE RIGHT FLAME. THANKS
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Mar 10, 2011, 09:16 PM
    This sounds more like an engineering question than one in chemistry.
    There aren't many detals provided, but maybe the closed lid , coupled with the compressed air, gives a back pressure that decreases the flow of gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Furnace problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rheem model #rgda-10ea-ar 100,000 BTU furnace and it works sometimes and not other times.I'm getting 24vac out of transformer and going into my w/r universal pilot spark control,but only getting 16.8vac out of cotrol on the pv,mv terminal going to gas valve.should there be 24vac coming out...

Smelting plastic container [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about smelting plastic bottles at home,to be molded into new things.

Furnace Problems [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I got all my answers here during Summer on fixing my AC myself but now Winter is coming and my furnace is not working, AC works great but not the heat. - system is Gas not Electric - turned the TS to Auto and Heat but nothing only hear a click - put it in ON and Heat and the blower turns...

View more questions Search