Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Mar 8, 2011, 10:05 PM
    I need to lose weight.
    I'm 14yrs old. I am 5"6. I weight 140lbs. I weight so much! :'( It isn't fair! I see this amazingn pretty girls and I want to lose weight.. How do you recommend losing weight? I'm fat. Ive tried starving myself.. I can't really tolorate that though.. Please help :(
    angelnote101 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 09:39 AM
    Starving yourself will just make you fatter.your body will go in starvation mode and it stores more fat. Try working out, like run a mile a day, do 50 crunches stuff like that. And one more thing when you eat eat in till your full breakfest,lunch,and dinner. So you won't even need any snacks in between. Hope this helps :)
    HonestLies Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 09:02 PM
    First off, making yourself starve just because you're worried of your weight is definitely and absolutely NOT the way to go.

Second, you are seriously not fat. Maybe just not toned... but that isn't fat. I'm 5"5 and I weight 158lbs, I'm a bit on the chunky side but that's nothing TONING can't fix. NATURAL EXERCISE! :)

To make things clear - if people don't accept you the way you are - they're not your real friends. You need positive and happy people around you - this will also encourage your mindset.

Now, what is the ideal figure you're aiming for? Find a picture with a figure you would reasonably like to look like (no one likes a rake, DECENT men like something to hold on to). Now, everyday you should start your day with deep breaths... blow out all of your air, breath in for 5 seconds, hold it, then breath out for 10 seconds. Breath in for 10 seconds, breath out for 15 seconds. Now make sure you never push yourself, once you do that process 3 times, take a break and breath normally and start again, with later confidence, increase the time. This will strengthen your Diaphragm (bottom of your lungs) allowing more oxygen to flow to your brain and blood system.

Now that you've got that sorted... while you're doing this VISUALIZE yourself losing weight... see yourself as that picture of the figure you want to be. BELIEVE in yourself! By doing so this is a mindset that will build your confidence and determination to be what you want to be. It's very, very easy to become lazy in front of the TV or the computer - please ration your time! This is one of the main reasons people are gaining weight.

Next! Have a set of exercises - these should be balanced! Sit ups, skipping rope, jogging, squats, lunges, step ups, hip extensions and biking should be something to consider. When exercising it is important not to push yourself, go at the pace which is comfortable to you - but be sure to give yourself a little nudge when you believe you can do more. All of these need to be balanced exercises, ration it throughout the day basically. Exercising in the morning is a great way to wake yourself up and start the day fresh and energised. Again, while doing things like this you really do need to encourage yourself - so always do what you can by visualising yourself achieving these exercises, telling yourself you WILL do 20 sit ups today. Things like this can seriously improve your lifestyle in a way that will bring out the confidence you never knew you had.

Don't feel discouraged if there are skinnier girls around you - I wasn't much of a looker at your age and I had quite a weight problem (this was only a few years ago). I was bullied often and felt like my world was slowly shrinking as if I was nothing. But I never knew back then just how UNimportant those rude people are to me! They're in my past for a reason. Know that life will get better, and always encourage yourself. Because you are who you are no matter what you look like; and you are amazing! Never lose doubt.

Again - NEVER lose yourself! Always encourage yourself and VISUALISE your success!

Rant over! Haha whew!

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

- Missy
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2011, 02:26 PM
    Don't starve you will probably just ending up getting so hungry you will 'binge' and that will make you feel like a failure. Try eating healthily if you feel you need to eat a lot eat small amounts throughout the day and snack on fruit or veg :) hope this helps oh also just try exercising more, if you aren't one for running and extreme exercising even just try walking more.
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Apr 11, 2011, 08:54 PM
    You guys are lal amazing.. And I actually found someone who likes me for ME. Not fro what I look like... :) I love you guys, couldn't have done it without you <3 xoxo
    fatty0 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 01:24 PM
    Eat some mints because they arnt that bad for you and they will satisfy you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I am 12 and I want to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I am 12 and I want to lose lots of weight cause I want to be normal cause I weigh 9 stone and I want a boy 2 like me!! HELP!!

Need to lose weight! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I am looking to lose weight, I'm 19 years old, 5'6" and like 150 pounds :( I want to lose around 20-25 pounds. I know regular exercise and a healthy diet are the key things to losing weight but I am having a lot of difficulties. Lately I have been eating SO much more then I usually eat,...

Lose weight. [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lose weight. I'm about 5 foot 6 inches and weigh about 122. I would like to see me weigh between 110 and 115. How can I do this in 2 - 3 weeks?

How to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 18 imabout 6'2 I weight 320 pounds I want to lose some weight but I don't were to start I work 9 hours a day puttin food in bagges if I can have some help it would be better or help me make a diet plan

View more questions Search