Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viciousbru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 12:12 PM
    94 Camry won't start
    Help! My Camry was running fine then I turned it off and now it won't start. Turns over, has brand new battery, there is plenty of juice it just won't start. Acts like there is no gas but there is.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 02:04 PM
    1. Check all under-hood and under-dash fuses with a test light or multimeter first. Read section X, in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

2. Turn ignition key to ON and see if the Check Engine Light comes on and then goes off. During this several second period, listen for the fuel pump running in the gas tank and for the click from the fuel injection relay.
    3. Check for any codes being thrown.
    4. Check for spark.
    5. Check the igniter and coil. Here's what the igniter looks like:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...Control%20Unit

6. Make sure the spark plugs are relatively new.
    7. Check the fuel injection relay. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...ection%20Relay

8. Check the ECM.
    9. Review sections A and B, in the link below, for ideas. Even though it's geared to Civics, much of it has generic application:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html

90% of crank but won't start situations are electrical-related, not fuel. Sudden failures like your's tend to be associated with the Ignition Control Module (igniter), coil, fuel injection relay, or computer. Some auto part stores can check igniters and coils for free. Check around.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by viciousbru
    Help! My Camry was running fine then I turned it off and now it won't start. Turns over, has brand new battery, there is plenty of juice it just won't start. Acts like there is no gas but there is.
    4 Cyl. Model? Test for spark first as stated above. I pull #1 plug wire off, put a good spark plug in it and have some one crank it over while the plug grounds itself to metal. A very weak or erratic spark is a classic case of the ign coil in the dist.
    This is a very common problem and not too costly. If it was a very cold morning when this happened, the timing belt could have slipped off time also. If you can't remember when the belt was changed last, then that's an area which raises red flags too!
    Good luck.
    JK. Toy Master Tech-ASE Master diagnostic
    mjacobusse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by viciousbru
    Hi
    I would guess your not getting spark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occasional won't start 1995 Camry [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter (college) has a 1995 Camry that occasionally won't start after she stops to get gas. Long stops or starting after long sitting is not a problem. I have asked her to notice if there are any clicking noises from under the hood. She says no. I have asked her to shift the (Automatic trans)...

94 camry ECM code no.1 crank no start [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Check report: According to repair manual, checked ECM code, but read diagnosis code is No.1(means normal). Condition: 1.Battery voltage is above 11v.(done, new battery) 2.The throttle is fully closed.(no done. I did not know how to close it) 3.Transaxle is in Neutral.(done) ...

View more questions Search