Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Mar 8, 2011, 12:08 PM
    Can I apply poly to a few spots that didn't get enough?
    So I hired some guy who didn't do such a great job on my floors. He reimbursed me some for his mistakes but there are still some spots that I need to fix. Some of the spots are just lacking in poly and feeling rough compared to the rest of the room? Can I just retouch those spots or do I need to do the whole room?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 05:54 PM

How many coats of poly were applied? Is the poly oil or water based?
    alexzukini Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 08:43 PM
    If you mean the texture of the surface, and if it's wood floor, you'll have to get the entire thing sanded down and refinished. That sucks dude.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 03:44 AM

For best resolute, refinish entire floor. After a light sanding, clean up dust with vacuum and tack cloth. Apply 2 or 3 coats, allowing suggested drying time between coats.

U can try a couple of coats just on spots that need it. Using a sponge brush, start a center of patch and work toward edge. After finishing, a light buffing will help blend together.

If not satisfied with look, will have to refinish entire floor.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Polyp and Poly Cystic Overies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Friends, I am 25, I got married in June 2006. I have one abortion history also . Last year I got to know that I have Poly Cystic Overies and Polyp so doctor did some hestroscopy for polyp and gave contraciptive pills for PCO for 5 months. Now we are planning for a baby from last 3 months....

Poly cystic overies [ 2 Answers ]

I just saw the show with Dr Oz in regards to a question asked from the audience. This very brave woman stood up and advised of the abnormal amount of hair on her face. She too had been diagnosed with PCOD. Dr Oz mentioned that there are other medications that can be used instead of Birth Control...

Poly cystic ovarian syndrome [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone my name is Judith Grissam my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year now I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and I was wondering if anybody out there has any information that could help us we would greatly appreciate anything. So far we have tried almost everything...

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 22 and I have PCOS, so I know I'm going to have fertility issues. It makes me really sad knowing that I might not be able to have my own children because that's one of my biggest dreams in life. I was just wondering if anybody has this here and has successfully had children?

View more questions Search