Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    has3801 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 11:16 PM
    Wisdom tooth pulled. Gum surrounding it still swollen? Why?
    Had my wisdom tooth pulled. Had been given me problems off and on. Now the gum surrounding it is still swollen like it used to be before it was pulled. I do smoke, and when I yearn sometimes my jaw moves and hurts the gums. What can I do for this discomfort?
    Arcticgrrl Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2011, 09:00 AM
    Gently stretching the muscles of your jaw, a little bit several times a day, will help ease the tension. Your jaw is still healing and the muscles are trying to compensate for the missing molars.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gums swollen above wisdom tooth [ 4 Answers ]

My wisdom tooth is out, I got a filling last year on it, and everything was fine until about a week ago, when my gums suddenly started to get swollen, behind and next to the tooth. I used to get this a lot when it was growing and I must say that sometimes I feel like it might still be growing....

Is it normal 5 days after having a wisdom tooth pulled a bone being exposed and hurts [ 2 Answers ]

I had a wisdom tooth pulled 5 days ago and there is bone exposed and I am in so much pain is this normal and if not what should I do the dentist I went to keeps telling me I will just have to deal with it until it heals up and the pain is so bad I can't hardly stand it anymore

No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?

Swollen knee and surrounding area [ 2 Answers ]

A swollen knee and surroundings area (very little pain) have anything to do with Kidney trouble or something else. Maggie 3

Raw gum behind wisdom tooth. [ 2 Answers ]

I was brushing my teeth last night and notices that there was some blood when I spit, I rinsed well and listerined. I also use a water pik. This morning when I was brushing My gum behind my wisdom tooth was real sore, raw feeling. Could this be the beginning of an absess or should I worry about it.

View more questions Search