Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strawberrylover Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 7, 2011, 07:25 PM
    Bought a refurbished x box
    A year ago I bought an x box for 300 $ (its valued price at the time) at my place of work. It was a silent auction. Basically, I decided I am giving it away so I decided to clear everything off it, there are LOADS of games, pictures, videos, etc (BUT no profiles) of crap that 100% definitely isn't mine. Is this normal? Or did I get ripped off? What can I do about this, I am really mad!! (ps I don't work there any more, because they are snakes like that)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 08:22 PM

Sadly there have been reports of retailers reselling "used" as new equiptment after its been in for warranty repair. In some cases even personal information was still on it from the previous owner. So it does happen and your company may be innocent of any wrongdoing. After all what they had purchased may have been sold "as new".
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 08:25 AM

I don't understand the problem. You said you bought it at work in a silent auction. So you bought a used xBox. New ones would come from a big box stores still in factory sealed boxes.

So, you bought a used xBox and now want to give it away. How exactly were you ripped off? What are mad about?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    I don't understand the problem. You said you bought it at work in a silent auction. So you bought a used xBox. New ones would come from a big box stores still in factory sealed boxes.

So, you bought a used xBox and now want to give it away. How exactly were you ripped off? What are mad about?
    The OP is upset beause he/she was told it was refurbished. Which means used but made like new. The OP did get ripped off but who cares. Did the Xbox work? Then why worry if it still had photos and stuff on it? Erase it. There's nothing you can do about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are refurbished homes for real or a scam [ 3 Answers ]

I was looking for a house to rent so I went on craigslist and found this ad for a refurbished house but how can I tell if it is a scam or for real?

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

Refurbished CPU W/XP Pro w/COA [ 2 Answers ]

Just purchased a refurbished cpu with XP Pro. It has a COA - do I buy XP Pro or can I use a copy form a friend?

Is refurbished Wedding ring too tacky? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my g/f have been talking marriage for a few years now. The only thing holding us back is me asking. I haven't done that because I will not be abe to Afford the proper size ring while paying Huge sums of child support. However recently I came across a very nice USED wedding ring...

View more questions Search