Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Funny Girl 56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 08:16 AM
    New apartment gifts
    What is an appropriate gift to give a young couple that has just moved into their first apartment.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Hi there,

A plant is nice; a picture; if you know their furniture colors, something to accessorize the color scheme like something for the coffee table (if they have one); a gift certificate to one of their favorite places; or maybe a food package (depending on their tastes).

Go browse in some stores and see what you like. If you have similar tastes, they might like it too. Or if you know they have a particular hobby, pick up something that goes with it.

A couple of items that are totally practical and yet not many people get them themselves until they need it are a home first aid kit and a tool kit.

Have fun and good luck!
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 4, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Towels. A nice ornament (if you know what type they like). Small table lamp. Mugs. Cutlery. Anything ornamentsl that they can keep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No gifts at wedding [ 2 Answers ]

How do I nicely write no gifts but money or gift cards because this is both of our second marriage and we have lived together for three years:confused:

Accepting expensive gifts [ 8 Answers ]

I am hesitating whether to accept exensive gifts such as diamond jewellery from a one year old boyfriend even though I like him. I am only 17 and he is 20. Is it okay ? Will there be any implication of this on our friendship. Please advise me whether to accept it, In case advice is to return it...

Asking for Christmas gifts etiquette [ 5 Answers ]

My oldest sister is very materialistic. She sent me an e-mail this a.m. "giving me a heads-up" about Christmas gifts for her kids. She proceeded to tell me that the "kids have asked that they receive cash instead of gift cards so they can buy what they want." I was appalled at this rude...

Wedding Gifts [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to a wedding. Our nephew is marrying a girl from a very wealthy family. While visiting with a cousin, someone mentioned that it is proper wedding ettiquette to give a wedding gift that matches the price per plate at a wedding reception. The cost per plate at...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search