Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark but not Heartless Posts: 78, Reputation: -1

Jan 20, 2007, 08:12 AM
    In love... with a celebrity... need help...
    I have a confession to make.

I have an undying longing to meet Brenda Song (disney channel actress, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) but its more than a longing, it's a passion, an obsession. I dream of meeting her and talking to her, and just staring into her eyes...

Anyway, my friends tell me that my feeling for her are unhealthy. Mainly because of my myspace, layout (myspace.com/blacknredjacket), which depicts images and a profile music that clearly communicates how I feel about her.

So I don't know how to cure my addiction. Cause there's no rehab center I could go to for an addiction to BRENDA SONG...

I'm not embarrassed by my love for her, but I do see why others are concerned about me.

Can anyone help me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
    I think many of us have a secret passion to meet or be with someone ( and not really them, but the idea of them) since all we know is the public them, the TV them that we see, not the real them.

And Brenda Song is of course a lot better than if you had a obsession over Chenny ( I would want you committed at that point)

But if you have desires and even a somewhat obsesssion as long as it does not move into stalking or unless it is effecting your life and manner of life, I see no real issue on it.

There are people who are obsesed with star wars or some other things, and god only knows what theier myspace looks like, ( some are down right scarey)

Anything can be either good or bad, it is all in how it actuallyeffects our life that makes the difference.
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 20, 2007, 10:42 AM
    I'll let you in on a little secret. I had an undying attraction to Harmon
    Rabb on JAG. Every Tuesday night(til the show moved to friday) I would put the kids to bed. Make myself ready as in putting on my pjs to settle down and have my one hour a week with him. (before him it was Rick Springfield, but that's a blog all into itself.) I looked forward to it everyweek. Just to have my time with him. Seeing him on TV made me feel good. Not really about myself. But that it gave me something to focus on for one hour instead of what was going on in my life and around me. We need to do that once in a while. I saw him as my escape from reality. But I regret it had to end sooner or later.
    I knew it was a problem when I would arrange my schedule around the show. As much as it bothered me, I cut myself off completely from watching the show, including reruns. As hard as it was, I found myself focusing on something else and no longer obsessed about the illustrious Harmon Rabb.
    What I'm trying to get at is people do develop celebrity crushes. They count on it in a way to succeed in their careers. The more people watch them, pay for their music, or movies. The more popular they are. They have fan clubs for a reason.
    You are not in the minority here. I agree with Fr. Chuck. Its normal to have crushes. We all do no matter our age. As long as we keep it inperspective. Crushes are okay if you think its interfering with your life and developing relationships with the people around you, then maybe a step back wouldn't hurt. To look around and see what else is out there. Who knows maybe you'll find a nice girl who you think is better than Brenda Song. Someone who you can spend time with and stare longingly into her eyes. Your myspace dedication to her is like when we covered out room in posters of dare I say our youthful obsessions.

Jan 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Thanks, that helped. I guess its just that I'm 16, and my mind is vulnerable and prone to emotional confusion. Did you see my myspace? I designed it myself. I think its pretty good.:cool:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 01:03 PM
    I did not see a link to your myspace but after the cupid movie yesterday on it, nothing much can shock me.

But of course I am older, but I can remember my dreams of "daisy duke"

Jan 20, 2007, 01:14 PM
    www.myspace.com/blacknredjacket

Its not just the layout, but the pictures and song as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

Celebrity clothes [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know who the designer or where I could find Mandy Moore's Beige Dress @ "The Mexican" Premiere, Mandy Moore's White 2 piece swim suit on cover of YM May 2001 Issue, Mandy Moore's Thin White Sweater (kind of see-through) with Spaghetti Strap (underneath) when re-recording for a scene...

Celebrity and royal wedding [ 1 Answers ]

Celebrity and royal weddings are always broadcasted nationwide.Do they affect the quantity demanded and quantity supplied of human interest magazines like Times, Forbes?

Does celebrity whitening pills work [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member and was wondering whether the acclaimed celebrity whitening pills work and if they do work, are they safe and 100% natural as proclaimed. I need something to lightening my colour. Thanks

View more questions Search