Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    know222 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 08:03 PM
    Rewire electric motor
    I have a electric motor. It is 2 hp general electric model 5kcr48sr36u cat# 3k787 115/230 It has been set up for 115 volts and I need to know what wires I have to change around.if I remember rightall I have to do is move the two inner wires to the outer ones. But I have no cover plate on this motor.Thanks Jerry
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 05:19 AM

I recognized the Cat #3k787 as coming from Grainger:
    Motor, 2 HP, 60 Hz - Air Compressor Motors - Definite Purpose Motors - Motors : Grainger Industrial Supply

Contact Grainger customer support for the wiring diagram.

The GE number will be unique as being manufactuered for Grainger.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 07:28 AM

Do the wires have very small numbers on them and what are they?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a 3 prong outlet for a electric dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I had to take off my old outlet for my dryer because it was a different setup. Still a 3 wire to 3 wire. I have everything set up,but the wire part is what I need help with. Do I wrap the wire around the screw or what.

How to rewire new fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

The last time I asked this question I didn't give any details so I'll try again I don't want to be looking for a job I bought a new fan motor for a hvac condencer unit I have no diagrams the wires had been pulled off the unit so this is what I have the new motor have five wires ,green yellow black...

AC Motor bench grinder Rewire [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to rewire an old AC motor driven bench grinder. For some reason when I hook up my input cord (from the outlet) black to one motor lead and white to the other motor lead the motor locks up. The motor turns to a electromagnet and grabs the armature and locks up with a loud...

View more questions Search