Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 07:25 PM
    Help building a new ferret cage
    All right so now that I have 3 ferrets they need a lot more room than what they have now (Tanner and Chloe are in a three level and Diesel is in small 3 level with tunnels), I'd like them to live together one day and thought I'd ask your guys help.

I want this to be a fun project!

Here is the main idea.
    Name:  cage.jpg
Views: 42388
Size:  67.0 KB

I can get the wardrobes for like $20 a piece at the restore here or if I look I bet I can find someone giving them away free!

Im thinking the plastic tubes you can buy at hardware stores would work great (honestly I don't know what its for I just see it there all the time).

I have wire at home that I think will work just fine...

Any fun ideas to add to the cage?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2011, 05:56 AM
    DID YOU BUILD THAT? I am super impressed. (Sorry I have no suggestions, just praise.)
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2011, 12:24 PM

Haha no, sadly I didn't build it :( I am wanting to build one like it :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 10:36 PM

I love the cage. I wish I was there, I'd help you build it, but I'd want help building my bunny haven. I don't need design ideas, just some manual labor. ;)

The only thing I'd suggest, if you want to make access a bit easier, is ramps leading up to each section. That way they can use the tunnels, or the ramps.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2011, 06:49 AM

Haha well I found this cage when I was looking for ideas and fell in love. Talked to my grandpa (hes a hobby carpenter) and he said he'd help. Now I just want to make it SUPER fun and enjoyable for them!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a ferret. [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking into getting a ferret, I've always wanted one and think they would make an interesting pet. I'm just wondering what do you guys think? What are some pros and cons? What do you NEED to have? What would be some things ferrets WANT? It would be in a three or four level cage (Not to sure...

While cage training a puppy is it cruel to not put food and water in his cage. [ 4 Answers ]

While cage training a puppy, is it cruel not to put food and water in the cage with him while you are gone for about 8 hrs a day to prevent him from peeing and pooping in his cage?

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

Building a cage and estimate [ 3 Answers ]

I have been and still am saving my money I'm going to try and convince my parents to let me get a lizard.. bearded dragon . I have one before but they sold everything so now we need a new one. Anyway what is the best guess of price that anyone can give me to make a cage with plexiglass wood and...

View more questions Search