Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcollaro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 04:10 PM
    I live with my sister in NY,
    I lived here for almost 2 years, I pay her rent, never missing a month, no lease, I sleep in the basement, now she wants me out. Do I have any legal rights?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 04:38 PM

Yes, you have 30 days to move.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2011, 04:42 PM
    This has nothing to do with family. You are a tenant and she is your landlord. You have the same rights as any tenant. She has the same rights as any landlord. Since you have no lease, you are considered a month to month tenant. Therefore she has to give you proper notice that she is terminating your tenancy. That notice is required to be in writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Custody of my live-in 16 year old Sister [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I am 24 years old, and I am the "de facto custodian" of my 15 (almost 16) year old sister. She has been living with me in my apartment since October 2006. I provide her shelter, transportation, food, clothing, everything. I receive $25/mo from our mother to go towards a gym...

My kids want to live with their sister instead of their father and their ages are 12 [ 8 Answers ]

My kids are 11 and 12 do they have any say in court

Sister wants to live with us. [ 5 Answers ]

My 14 year old sister send me an email asking if she can come live with us for her grade 10, 11, and 12 high school years. And I thank god she asked before she just showed up. She has been thinking about this for a while now, but never said anything for sure. Her dominant reason for wanting...

My sister-in-law and her live in boyfriend of 5 years have never had sex! [ 4 Answers ]

My sister-in-law recently came to me for advice. I really didn't know what to tell her. She told me that she has never had sex with her boyfriend of 5 years. They have lived together and slept in the same bed for the last 4 years. She said that she had tried to encourage sex, but he always says...

View more questions Search