Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ozzy1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 01:22 PM
    I want to move into foster care.
    I'm moving out in d next few days I don't care. My parents have been shouting at me for years espescially my dad he would shout at me for the way I walk up the bleeding stairs. And its hard to explain other things. Yesterday morning my mam and dad both told me to pack my bags and leave but I have nowhere to go can I go into foster care PLEASE help A.S.A.P
    SatinBlack Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 01:28 PM
    Ozzy, before you do anything... Speak to the guidance counselor or someone you trust. If their advice doesn't work, go to your friends house for a time until things calm down. Maybe your parents will see their mistakes and try to get you back home. Wish you the best of luck.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 01:38 PM

How old are you and where are you?

Depending on your age and the laws in your area your parents most likely can't even legally just kick you out and put you on the street. If you are old enough that they are no longer legally responsible for you, then you'd be too old for foster care.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 01:40 PM

If your under 18 you are their responsibility,its up to them to sort it out, i.e. getting a social worker involved, counselling for you and/or family.

I assume they have a reason other then you being a teenager for them to want you out of the house?

In saying that, perhaps a night or two at your grandparents or aunt/uncles place may help the emotional dust settle.

What age are you?
    ozzy1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Can I move into foster care I've wanted it for almost 3 years now but cant find out how
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 09:15 AM

Its not a choice YOU can make for yourself... its a choice the Courts make for you.

Site rules allow only ONE thread per topic... you already have one on this,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 7, 2011, 09:23 AM
    >Threads Merged<
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2011, 09:25 AM

Ozzy, we can't help you unless you give us more details on what's going on. Can you please answer some of the questions we've asked.

Use the "answer" box towards the bottom of the page to add details.
    Rocketsurgeon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 12:01 PM
    When we say we "want" something, or that we want to "do something", it's usually because we know exactly what it is we are asking for. This might sound silly but,. I want a horse (no really- I'm not kidding). I can truly say that this is what I want because I know: how to take care of horses, I have the finances to afford the care, I have the property a horse needs to be comfortable, etc. In essence, I have thought about everything that my decision entails and have concluded I am able to deal with what comes along with it, and would still like to go through with my decision.
    Speaking from experience Ozzy, wanting to be put into placement should truly be a last resort. If you want some honest answers as to what life is like as a foster child I'd be happy to give you a clear picture of what exactly it is you are asking for. I also know what it's like to be in the kind of home situation as well and I definitely understand your desire to leave. While time for me now as an adult seems to fly faster every year, when you are 16 in foster care- every day is a year, and typically not a happy one. Satin's advice is a good place to start in the mean time.
    Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get myself into foster care [ 9 Answers ]

I'm tired of living in the same house with my parents they make me feel like I should never have been born . They shout at me, call me names, my dad occasionally hits me . Ever since I was young he used to hit me frequently over tiny mistakes but when I was 12 I spoke up & I got him to stop...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

If my rights where taken from one of my other kids , can they take my right from my other child that I had that they took a 18 moths old??

View more questions Search