Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faultyf150 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 06:03 AM
    No start no run
    I have a 1979 F150 that I have recently replaced the motor and trans everything under the hood is new. Last week I started to work and the truck died, would not restart no click nothing, the battery is new the starter is new, everything from the switch to the starter is new. My question is when you turn the key you can see that the power is being sucked up somewhere because the doom light dims greatly, has anyone experienced this before? Also the new starter I purchased has a BAT hookup and an IGN. Hook up, my old one simply had the BAT hookup, the instruction stated that you shoul jump a wire from the BAT term. On the starter to the IGN. Term. On the starter which I have don still nothing. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Read sections T and X in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html
    peterbuilt18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 01:34 PM
    U could have apump tied up or just the engine is seized
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jan 25, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbuilt18
    u could have apump tied up or just the engine is seized
    What??
    faultyf150 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Thanks for everyone's input on this. Yesterday I was testing wires under the hood with my test light and just happened to touch the outer case of the altenator and the light lit up like a Christmas tree, so I fiqured I had an issue with the altenator. I changed it out and everything is back to normal, fired right up. No start, no run, no more. Thanks again
    giantkiller28 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 08:58 PM
    See its always simple. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No run command in start menu [ 4 Answers ]

Hi good evening, I am unable to open regedit, task manager and run command not found in start menu. Please help me in this regard. Thanking you.

Start->Run [ 3 Answers ]

I fixed my brother's computer a while back using a command that I cannot remember. His computer was constantly coming up with "Limited or no connectivity" and no matter how many different NIC's I used (wired or wireless) I couldn't get an IP from my router. Eventually I tracked down a little...

Run time [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting this "a run time error has occured, do you want to debug?" If I click no, nothing is resolved. If I click yes, I get a blank windo that says "ready" but nothing happens. How did I get this and what do I do about it? Thanks. H*

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

It won't run. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My other PC won't start. All it does is beeps. It has important stuff on it, to. I don't know what year it was made in, but it has WINDOWS 98 on it. Please help!!

View more questions Search