Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madcow2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 07:29 AM
    Windows 7 cannot start this hardware device
    I am trying to use my mouse and it will not work all of a sudden

The error is ---- windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (inn the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2011, 08:00 AM

What type of rodent? Have you rebooted?
    madcow2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 04:24 PM
    Actually I have fixed my own issue...

For the record my mouse wasn't working. My fix was I back dated my system restore to a few weeks ago and it corrected my issue. Thanks
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 15, 2011, 11:32 AM
    It's nice you fixed it, but if it went bad, there may be an underlying issue that caused it to become corrupted in the first place. Like perhaps the area on the hard drive that contains info about the mouse or its drivers developed a bad sector. Consider running a chkdsk on the drive. Googling "chkdsk" will get you more detailed info than I can give here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removed hardware uninstalled in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

hiu. Installed network card not working (no driver says PC).removed and replaced by other card : same result... after changing 5 different cards (allworking in another PC), = yellow exclamation point on all of them, and all of them still appearing in device manager!! Upon right click and...

RE windows xo sound device [ 1 Answers ]

My computer crashed so I had to reinstall but I have no audio. I have been trying to find how you put audio on your computer. I have windows media 10 but I just can't get any sound out of the machine. Please help me >Moved from Forum Help<

Windows hardware update [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hardware update named VIA-networking-via rhine roman numeral 2 fast ethernet adapter. Do I need to get this update if I use a dial up connection or is it just for high speed cable or satellite connections.

Device Manager - Hardware Not Uninstalling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2.8Ghz computer running Windows XP, I have decided to set up a network and so I need to change my Cable modem from its current USB connection to a Ethernet connection in order to set up the network. However, when I go to Device Manager to uninstall the USB modem, it says: "Failed to...

View more questions Search