Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runner49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 12:18 PM
    Wrong wattge bulb
    I installed the wrong watt bulb (75W) in a Hampton Bay track light. If worked for 1 day. I then replaced it with the correct wattage bulb (50W). No it does not work at all. Can the light be fixed?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Mar 5, 2011, 07:48 PM

Are you certain your replacement bulb is good. I've seen brand new bulbs that didn't light. Try it in another socket. If this is not a low-voltage system, you didn't damage anything with heat after only one day. Maybe you overtightened or twisted something and damaged it, but not by a 50% overwattage.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2011, 04:46 AM
    If the lamps are 12 volt, then each track head or the tack itself has a transformer for each lamp or the track, and it may have failed by overloading with incorrect lamp.

We need to know more details about this track.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry bulb and wet bulb temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know what is dry bulb and wet bulb temperature and how it is measured?

Upon installation of bulb, base of bulb burns and bulb never lights [ 1 Answers ]

Installed two new 3 bulb post lights on concrete entry piers, one bulb pops and burns the base immediately upon installation... I have checked the wiring and everything is wired correctly, I assume ths is a bad bulb socket and the fixture is defective, has anyone had this problem before?

Does removing one bulb from a two bulb flourecent unit reduce cost? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a General Manager for a company that has multiple large buildings. I have had it expressed to me by one of my investors that removing one of the two flourecent (32 Watt) bulbs from the unit will reduce cost by $30.00 a bulb a year! My simple understanding is that the ballast will run the same...

T3 bulb [ 1 Answers ]

How di I change a t3 bulb?

Three Way Bulb [ 1 Answers ]

I Often Burn Out 3 Way Bulbs To One Way... and They Are Always New. What Am I Doing Wrong, Or How Can I Solve The Problem? YOU CAN FIND ME AT [email protected] THANKS ;)

View more questions Search