Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimom313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 07:25 AM
    4 year old sees people/animals who aren't there
    My 4 year old son has told us that he has seen hands coming from under his door and is avid about it, then last night he comes in my room with a stomach ache and I sit with him in the dark soothing him, half asleep myself and he points to the corner of the room and says who's that over there? I say where are you pointing at? He says over there on the counter (where we keep our computer) and that guy is over there. I see no one over there. And then he says hi miley (our cat) and points at my feet and I ask where she is and he says there by your feet. I ponder this as there is nothing down there and 2 minutes later our cat walks in the room. He didn't feel warm so it wasn't a fever. How should I approach this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 07:36 AM

4 year olds have very vivid imaginations. At this stage of development they are seeing monsters, etc.

What I did with my kids was get a spray bottle, filled it with water and placed a label on it "Monster Spray" or whatever your child sees most. Spray it around the room at night. Told the children that the "monsters" don't like the smell and they run away.

It became a bedtime ritual and soon the children grew out of it.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 5, 2011, 12:29 PM
    That is correct... children can be a tough one because sometimes even they can convince themselves of something that's not really there. Being the parent you are a better judge than most as to how serious your child is acting. It's probably a good idea to try a solution like the "monster spray". If your child persists and seems VERY serious about his... it'd be time to move on to something else.

We dealt with this ONE night with my daughter. After a horrific nightmare (that she never has problems with), she came into our room to calm down. She was wide awake for quite some time then asked me, just like your child did, "who's that man there?". I took her back into her room and she did it again and pointed at the corner of the room. This is very frustrating as a parent, when your child is dealing with this. Being a Christian home, I commanded it to leave and it did and we've never dealt with that since. I only jumped to this conclusion because, as I said above, I know my daughter and I know when she is being silly and when she is dead serious. She was serious and as soon as I took authority over it, she told me that "he" left. If you need further help feel free to ask.
    lenthehealer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Hi I'm not going to argue with the previous two answers, but ever since I was a child I have seen things that other people haven't, it wasn't knocked out of me by adults or other children, though it never frightened me. Try the monster spray.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 10, 2011, 02:33 PM
    Comment on lenthehealer's post
    Wasn't knocked out of you by adults or children? What does that mean?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 year old says he sees dead people [ 20 Answers ]

Okay- Tuesday night, my 2 1/2 year old was walking around the living room and kitchen, waving at the walls here an there, and saying "hi". I thought he was just being silly, but when my husband asked him who he was waving at, he replied... "dead people". No he hasn't seen the 6th sense. A couple...

My 2 year old sees people who are not there [ 12 Answers ]

My 2 1/2 year old daughter sees people that are not there in my house, she has said "HI" to people that she says is a man, she has said "LOOK MOMMY MONSTER" i would say that there is nobody there but she says there is. This has happened several times and she screams in her sleep everyt night, and...

My friend sees dead people [ 25 Answers ]

My friend sees dead people Its true she gets all tense when she sees them like she is scared of them Is there anywhere I could go ( website) that could teach me more about this stuff? Help:D

My dad sees animals [ 2 Answers ]

My mom passed away 1 year ago and since her death my dad has been seeing dogs at night.A couple of times he has seen my mom but mostly he sees 2 black dogs. He is awake when he sees these dogs.Why does he see them?

View more questions Search