Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAnna123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Yeah, I no it is my deision to root my boyfriend and everything I'm and trying my best I just don't know what do do, well I do now... I want to keep it but will it be OK ?
    Thank you though (:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DAnna123 View Post
    yeah, i no it is my deision to root my bf and everything im and trying my best i just dont know what do do, well i do now... i want to keep it but will it be ok ?
    thank you tho (:
    We really don't know if it will be okay.

If you go by statistics, you're going to have a hard time being 16 and raising a child. It's not only a matter of having the money to do it, it's the fact that you're still a child yourself.

Statistically speaking you and your boyfriend won't last. I know you think you will, I know you said you'd never be a single mom, but chances are you will be. If he leaves it's up to you as a mother to this child, to take care of the child.

It's not going to be easy. You'll be giving up your childhood. No partying, no being a teen. You'll be a mother, and you'll have to put the baby first at all times.

Your life is going to change drastically. You will be responsible for another human being. You can't be a child anymore, even though you are one. You have to grow up and you have to do it quickly. Being a parent isn't easy even under the best of circumstances.

Mar 5, 2011, 05:11 PM
    I'm trying my best. Ahh k maybe talking to randoms about this isn't the right thing to do because I am getting more and more scared :/ but me and elijah will last as long as we can. Are you a parent?
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 05:19 PM

I have two kids.

I know you're scared. I know I'd be terrified if I was 16 and pregnant.

I also know you're trying your best.

I can't tell you what to do, because I never want you to regret whatever decision you make. I can tell you what I would do if I was in your shoes, but that's me, not you. I'm afraid that if I say what I'd do, you'll do it thinking it's the right thing, and it may not be the right thing for you.

This isn't an easy decision. No matter which option you choose it's going to impact your life.

I can offer an ear. I can offer advice. I can be here to help, but I really can't tell you what to do.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 05:20 PM

I don't have much more that I can add here. But I wanted to say DAnna, that you really only have 3 options here: Adoption, abortion or you keep the baby. We can't make these decisions for you. You have options, but they are YOURS and YOURS alone to make. Nobody can tell you what to do with your body.

You aren't the first girl put in this situation, and you certainly won't be the last. Just make sure you learn your lesson this first time around.

My situation was quite similar to yours, while I wasn't a teen, I was in my very early 20's. I knew for me, I wanted to keep my baby. I knew I was going be raising my daughter on my own, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. Let me tell you, single or not, raising a kid is HARD work. It's a 24/7 job. It never stops. So when spring break comes, and you want to party, but are too tired, broke and don't have a sitter, don't expect too many people to be sitting at home with you folding baby blankets. I am not joking when I say becoming a young mother is a sacrifice.

What ever you decide is the right decision for you. Talk to your boyfriend, see how he feels, and make the decision for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 05:42 PM

The child can be a blessing, it will be hard, but while if you were asking about it before you were pregnant, I would say no. But no is not really a choice now,

First how about calling it what it is a child or baby, not "it" Lets start giving the child its own part of your life.
    There are, depending on where you live, support groups, teen mothers shelters if needed and more. There is also welfare that will help with doctor viisits, medical costs for the baby, and food and things for the child. Time to start growing up quick and finding out.

Many schools ( sad to have to) have couselors in the schools that will help you with many of these programs.

Mar 5, 2011, 06:07 PM
    Altenweg... can you please tell me what you would do? I'm not going to make any decisions tell we decide what's right.

Aurora_Bell... OK thanks

Fr_Chuck... sorry but the baby is an it to me atm. And I am growing up and mature to take responsiblilty and find the things out I'm doing it now. And I'm keeping school out of this.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 06:10 PM

Do you know how far along you are?

Mar 5, 2011, 06:10 PM
    I don't but elijah does. Whys that
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 06:14 PM

Why does Elijah know, but you don't?

Do his or your parents talk about the baby with you?

Mar 5, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Because I was crying and **** when we got told so I wasn't really listening. And kind of not really. Why?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 06:34 PM

A pregnancy is nine months long. Did you get pregnant a month ago, or three months ago? You need to know how far along you are. If you decide to have the baby, you have to start taking special (prenatal) vitamins, for instance.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 06:39 PM

That's right, you will need to get ready to do your prenatal care. It's very important to know these things.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 06:43 PM

Also, if you decide to have the baby, you will have to let the school know you are pregnant.

Mar 5, 2011, 06:48 PM
    k. Ill find out when he gets back.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 06:52 PM

Where is he? When will he be back?
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DAnna123 View Post
    Altenweg... can you please tell me what you would do? im not gonna make any desicions tell we decide whats right.

Aurora_Bell... ok thanks

Fr_Chuck... sorry but the baby is an it to me atm. and i am growing up and mature to take responsiblilty and find the things out im doing it now. and im keeping school out of this.
    Okay, I'll tell you what I'd do, but that doesn't mean it's the option for you.

I would either give the child up for adoption, or have an abortion. Why? Because at 16 I know I couldn't have properly raised a child.

I had my first child when I was 27. I was married, had a house, a career, and tons of support, and it was still really hard. I can't imagine doing it at 16 with no support from my parents (you said your mom doesn't care) and no way to support myself and a child.

Adoption would be my first choice, but I understand how hard it would be to give up a child once you've carried it for 9 months. So, at 16, I'd most likely opt for an abortion. Not that it would be an easy choice, which is why I keep saying it's up to you.

No matter which option you choose, it's not going to be easy. None of the options are ideal at 16.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 07:09 PM

Honey, when is your due date? If you don't know, could you please ask Elijah?

I am a nurse. I deliver babies. It is VERY important that you take very good care of yourself right now, and that means prenatal vitamins and OB doctor's visits.

Mar 5, 2011, 07:58 PM
    Elijah is at training and he will be back at 5.

Yeah. I get what your saying and everything thanks. But I'm going to wait till Tuesday and ask the doctor and nurse what they think will be good. And ill talk to elijah.

No idea and yeah I'm going to talk to him about it later. Ill tell you once I know.
    What's OB?

Mar 5, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Cricket training. And yeah he is why wouldn't he be? And OK thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Umm... girl problems. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I met a girl with a boyfriend and we clicked instantly. I would never make a move on her or even tell her how I feel, because I feel that both are DB moves and I pride myself in not being one. However, I would like to date her, and getting to know her has helped me learn things about her and...

Umm, what can I do about this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted anything here, so a quick update. I'm doing really well since I last posted. Have been getting out and having fun. Just enjoying my bachelor life, haha. I think I am finally over my ex. I can think about her and not get any queasy feelings in my...

Umm. Personal Grooming [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 15 And I was looking into shaving my armpits as the make them smell less and stumbled upon men shaving their pubic hair and it is more higeinic, And aparently it more arousing when jaking off and cuming, and increasing excitement with sex. Can anyone tell me any experiences with...

View more questions Search