Mama of 3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 11:32 PM
    I need advice for unique situation
    I Have A Unique Situation...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 08:40 AM
    I am sorry, something does not seem right with this entire story,

Unless the state took the kids completely from you, they would not have been put up for adoption, and the adoption paperwork takes a year or more to go though.

And normally a state does not adopt the kids out of state so you must have been in GA when you lost the kids, so why are you now in OR.

And if they are already adopted by the foster parents, I just find it hard to believe these adopted / past foster parent, would just agree to give them back, esp after the state took them away for some reason, At least not without disucssing this with the state.

You mention a 6 month old, then this was done a year ago,

Since this adoption came though the state, I would say you will have to get approval and home inspections though the state to even start to file to recover the children. And you would have to go though full adoption procedure in court if the children are actually adopted out already.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Not much of this sounds right. I would like to hear the other side of the story first.
    Mama of 3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Yes, the state did take them. Without having to go all into it, long drawn out story, they were placed with 2 families. My girls with one lady and my son with another. I was not given my rightful visitation. The caseworkers didn't do what they were supposed to do in any of the situation. In any case, I relocated to OR for better job situation and have established myself here. It took 2 years for me to find out where my kids were. No one would return my calls, my families calls or anything. I found them over the internet...

In any case, I got contact with the lady who had my girls first. After talking to me and my kids explaining to them that the caseworkers lied, she wanted me to have contact, she kept saying she didn't understand why they took them anyway... The adoption was final last July. FOr both parents. I just got in contact with my sons' adopted parents. My kids want to come home... They are acting out because they want to come home. They keep telling them that they weren't abused or beaten or neglected or mistreated in any way. They keep begging to be able to call me and see me. So finally after talking to me and my kids, both parents have decided not to keep them from me, relinquish their rights and give me back custody. My kids are unhappy without me. They are having behavior issues. And both sides think now it is best to let me have them. I wasn't there when they were being adopted... didn't even know until a week prior and then the TPR had been done.

DFACS isn't a factor anymore. The adoption is final, closed, kids names and borth certs changed and everything. They have no bearing on this. The kids are not wards of the courts. They are under the guardianship of these families.

I said this was unique... I'm in OR because it is better here, more stable. I talk to my son once a week and my girls every day. They were adopted because the state told them I wasn't here. They didn't tell them I WAS here and no one would return my dang calls. Yet they sent me paperwork here, after the fact, after the court hearings... child support papers... anyway, it was mishandled. So rather than mhy kids be unhappy, they want to let them come back home to me.

I just need to know, do I need to adopt them back... or can a custody arrangement be settled. They want me to be able to change their names back and everything, so I'm assuming I have to adopt. They want to give all their rights and have it like they were mine in the beginning again.

And to the guy who sent me the message about all caps, it's easier when I'm typing faster to type in all caps. Sending me a message about it just means you need to lighten up, tickle yourself, smile or something... it isn't all that serious man. Read this book, "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff, It's ALL Small Stuff'...
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Everyone has their own story. Did your children act out before you contacted them? Or after you contacted them? Hard to believe caseworkers and casemanagers lied about you and did not do their job. Taking children away from their parent is not simply showing up and whisking kids away. I would still like to hear the other side of the story.

That being said, you need an attorney to sort all your issues out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfortunate situation, need some advice. [ 8 Answers ]

I'll try to be as brief as possible. My thanks in advance to all who take the time to understand this situation, and offer advice. My mother (age 58) has deeded one acre of land to my sister. This acre is adjacent to my mothers' home in Texas. The purpose of this gift was to enable my sister...

Strange Situation, advice please! [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry this is so lengthy. I leased a business, when the lease ran out we were finacially unable to renew. We owed an enormous amount of money at the time (around $60,000). One of the suppliers we owed told me not to pay the debt to them because the contract we'd signed placed the responsibility of...

Looking for unique clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find some clothes that may be rave/futuristic/technoey ( I think I just made a new word )/ j.street style looking. Can anyone help? :cool:

Complicated Tax Situation(Advice Needed) [ 5 Answers ]

To tax experts I have a complicated tax situation, I am working on OPT for a company since may 2005, I got married in September and my wife came to america on dependent F-2 visa, She got her L-1 approved recently and she has started working for a company since dec 15th. I am really...

Help: Unique design for a gown [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there! My sister's getting married next year. I need suggestions/unique designs for my gown. Thanks.

View more questions Search