Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shahy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 11:16 AM
    My budgie laid eggs on the floor
    I have a budgie she laid her first egg in the nest then the next one in the food plate and the third and fourth ones on the floor ( each one in a different day )I put all of them in the nest but the weird thing happened when I found the fourth egg which was on the floor I took it I saw a tiny crack on it but after I put back on the nest on their sleep time I found the same egg on the floor of the cage but was cracked even more I don't know what happened
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 12:03 PM

It's a dud and your bird knows it. Best to just get rid of it. It will distress her if you keep putting it in the nest. You don't want her to waste energy tossing the egg.

Mar 5, 2011, 04:28 AM
    I thought about that but I don't know who threw it out I thought maybe the male did and besides she put it with the others and sat on it normally... but the male enters the nest a lot he sometimes play with the eggs and kissing the female or feeding her will he harm any of the eggs?

Mar 5, 2011, 04:28 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    I thought about that but I don't know who threw it out I thought maybe the male did and besides she put it with the others and sat on it normally... but the male enters the nest a lot he sometimes play with the eggs and kissing the female or feeding her will he harm any of the eggs?
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 02:10 PM

I looked for a site that would be able to explain everything in greater detail.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...OTHjfQ&cad=rja

I read through this and they really know their stuff. Great info here.

I hope this helps. :)

Mar 6, 2011, 03:17 AM
    Thank you sooooooooooo much it helped a lot :)

Mar 6, 2011, 07:42 AM
    The male budgie prevents the female from eating?
    I have 2 budgies and the female laid eggs but whenever she comes out to eat or drink something the male keeps kissing her or playing with her and pinches her tail and *** and when she enters the nest he enters with her what do I do with him he keeps preventing her from eating and sitting on her eggs?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 07:57 AM

Get another cage and remove him until later on.
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 05:40 PM

I'm so glad. Please let me know how it all goes. We'd love pictures of the babies once they hatch. :)

Apr 4, 2011, 01:42 AM
    The female bugdie ate the eggs
    I have 2 budgies and the female laid 6 eggs she threw 3 of them out of the nest so I threw them away because they weren't good then after a month and a half waiting for the rest of them to hatch I saw today that a half egg is out of the nest when I took it out I saw a little piece of something looked like a baby arm which means it was about to hatch then I opened the nest and I found only one egg so she ate the other one why is she doing this I was really looking forward to these babies why is she eating them after this long??

Apr 4, 2011, 01:43 AM
    The female laid 6 eggs she threw 3 of them out of the nest so I threw them away because they weren't good then after a month and a half waiting for the rest of them to hatch I saw today that a half egg is out of the nest when I took it out I saw a little piece of something looked like a baby arm which means it was about to hatch then I opened the nest and I found only one egg so she ate the other one why is she doing this I was really looking forward to these babies why is she eating them after this long?? help me

Apr 6, 2011, 12:27 PM
    The Female bidgie ate her eggs
    The female budgie laid 6 eggs she threw 3 of them out of the nest so I threw them away because they weren't good then after a month and a half waiting for the rest of them to hatch I saw today that a half egg is out of the nest when I took it out I saw a little piece of something looked like a baby arm which means it was about to hatch then I opened the nest and I found only one egg so she ate the other one and now she took the last one and broke it then she threw on the floor and I saw a liquid inside why is she doing this I was really looking forward to these babies why is she eating them after this long?? help me

Apr 6, 2011, 12:29 PM
    The female budgie ate her eggs
    The female budgie laid 6 eggs she threw 3 of them out of the nest so I threw them away because they weren't good then after a month and a half waiting for the rest of them to hatch I saw today that a half egg is out of the nest when I took it out I saw a little piece of something looked like a baby arm which means it was about to hatch then I opened the nest and I found only one egg so she ate the other one and now she took the last one and broke it then she threw on the floor and I saw a liquid inside why is she doing this I was really looking forward to these babies why is she eating them after this long?? help me
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2011, 12:41 PM

They sit on eggs for about 18 days. After a month and a half they were not going to hatch. She's throwing them out because she can't hatch them and/or doesn't want to hatch them and/or they were "duds."

An ARM was coming out of the egg?

You are leaving "dud" eggs in the nest too long.

EDIT: You have posted this same question several times. I have asked that they be combined.

How old are you?

Apr 7, 2011, 02:30 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    She doesn't want them to hatch?? Why would she want to get rid of them? I didn't leave them too long the moment I found it I threw them away... I couldn't just open the nest and take the eggs and threw them away they seem fine and they were white and there wasn't a crack on any of them...
    I didn't post this several times the internet broke down and when I pressed post it kept posting so many times and I couldn't stop that but thanks anyway for combining them
    I am 17 but why are you asking??
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2011, 07:01 AM

You said "then after a month and a half waiting for the rest of them to hatch I saw today ..." They are only viable for 18 days, yet you kept them for 45 (give or take).

Why didn't she want them to hatch? Read my answer again. All the reasons are posted there. They don't have to be cracked to be duds.

I asked your age because of the text speak. Your posts on this subject weren't all the same day.

Apr 8, 2011, 02:27 AM
    Will she lay another eggs??
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2011, 06:33 AM

Possibly, eventually. Did you read the site that was posted for your info?

Apr 8, 2011, 02:20 PM
    She laid another egg today but I found it in the cage not in the nest it was cracked and not very white but it was big, well bigger than the previous ones... I don't understand why are the eggs she lays duds? It is so weird.. Is there anything I can do about that? I am sorry I keep asking you lots of questions you are probably annoyed by me but I don't have much information in this field :)
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2011, 02:22 PM

I'm not annoyed with you. I'm just not sure you are reading the site that was posted for you.

Is she with a male? Are the eggs fertilized?

She could become egg bound - this is something to watch for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do when a newly laid mahogany floor tents? [ 2 Answers ]

We had a new wide plank mahogany hardwood floor installed (floating with grooved planks fitting together). It was also nailed in places. We came back from 2 weeks away in August and found the floor had "tented" (2 boards risen up in a tent about 3 inches high) and about one quarter of the floor had...

Floor screed crumbling after 2 days of being laid [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We are in the process of building an extension to our house. The builder has just screeded the floor and on the second day there are some areas that are crumbling, quite large and deep defects; one is over 70cm long 15-20cm wide and approx 5cm deep in fact it has reached the concrete...

My budgie laid eggs on the cage floor now what? [ 3 Answers ]

My budgie laid eggs when we had not intended to have baby budgies! (We just moved!)I don't want to disturb them but now what? Im afraid to disturb her and the eggs as she tends to hide them quite well when she doesn't have them out sunning? Should I put a nest in the cage and move them? My brother...

A hen laid eggs in my backyard. What can I do? [ 4 Answers ]

It turns out that a neighbor's hen keeps jumping over the fence into our backyard and this time it laid some eggs. When she left we collected them. Now it's back and laid some more but it won't move out of the way. It's been three days of sitting on them. Is it too late to collect them? If...

Tile floor laid/pvc pipe higher [ 3 Answers ]

Removed old leaker toilet, all tile backer and subfloor. Replaced sub, backer and tile and got fairly close to the flanged, black pvc coming up through. It's slightly higher than the tile, but too big to get a closet flange over it to attach to the subfloor by drilling through tile and backer....

View more questions Search