Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mechanicaleden Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Sep 5, 2004, 01:42 PM
    Re: Tired of being supportive...
    Lucy,
    Don't be afraid to tell your friends how you feel! Honestly, I go through the same thing with my friends (in terms of them always needing advice/comfort/self esteem boosting/whatever), and at first it might feel odd to turn the tables... but if they are really your friends, they should be more than happy to help you out with your troubles, too. I'm sure they are appreciative of your help in the past, and may be looking for a chance to return the favor... friendship needs to swing both ways. However, if they seem like they don't care after a few repeated attempts to talk about YOUR life (at a good time, not when they're busy or stressed or upset), you might want to question your friendships with them. It can be so frustrating and overwhelming to always be the therapist and never get anything in return... and I completely understand your feelings of unfairness and perhaps even resentment. If your friends aren't willing to help you out, I would bring this up with them... but it may just be that you haven't really ever asked.

Also, in terms of guys... try to see if your friends can introduce you to some, since they seem to know plenty. If they don't, for whatever reason... don't just wait patiently... get out there and take the initiative, as scary as it may seem. Most guys would love for a girl to ask them out... there are more than you would expect that are just shy or afraid of rejection. Plenty of times, I've made the first move and heard later from them how relieved they were not to have to do it themselves. Waiting for the right guy to turn up often isn't enough... there needs to be some effort on your part, too. I'm not saying to go crazy and stalk somebody, but saying Hi or asking someone out if you feel like it might work isn't unreasonable.

Good luck!
    linz_legrand Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2004, 02:45 PM
    Re: Tired of being supportive...
    Thanks mechanicaleden, you're advise means a lot to me. I have a lot to consider now. I'd appreciate anything anyone else has to offer! Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2 yr. Old dog will not eat and tired [ 3 Answers ]

I Have a 2 yr. old pit bull that is a lover & has always been happy and active but for the past 3 days has not eaten maybe 1 can of food and reall dose nothing else.. she is raggin and in heat & I have another male dog (Red Healer) but I'm not sure, Wats going on with her, I been keeping her in the...

I'm really getting tired [ 1 Answers ]

Its been since July first that I have been on my period. At first I thought OK its because I stopped the depo shot and its just trying to regulate itself. I started taking a new form of birth control (the pill). It was helping decrease my period but it made me nauseaded and develop too much yeast...

Tired and pissed [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 1983 dodge d150 I have a wire that keeps melting that is hook to the fusible link I have had the altenator check and it checks good I have replaced the voltage regulator 3 times I have a new battery the wire continues to melt the coating of then the wire breaks and when it does the truck...

I'm tired of poop... [ 9 Answers ]

Mostly this thread is about me venting. Our lovely new little Basset Hound, Buddy, as my husband has named him, won't stop pooping in the house. We finally got him to stop peeing in his crate. He had to spend a couple of hours in a puddle of his own pee before we got home to give him a bath (the...

Tired of this problem... [ 8 Answers ]

The story of problem is rather long, but I'll try to keep it brief. I'm A 28 year old male who is still a virgin, and not for a lack of trying. Over the years, I have found that I simply don't get erections unless I Masturbate in a certain way, and I lose my erection within less than a Minute...

View more questions Search