Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigi1571 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 07:18 AM
    My Birth Certificate from Puerto Rico spelling of first name is incorrect by 1 letter
    All my US paperwork and social security is under the spelling I have been using all my life. Do I need to amend or change all ID with the name spelled on my PR Birth Certificate and also how does it effect applying for a passport?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2011, 09:30 AM

How did you get ID with an incorrect first name - didn't you have to show your birth certificate to get a SS number?

It's a rather simple matter to change ID to the correct name, using your birth certificate as proof.

Then apply for a passport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change of name on a puerto rican birth certificate [ 7 Answers ]

I am 47 years old and just found out that my middle name is first on my birth certificate and my first name is my middle name. All these years I've been using it the other way around. How can I correct this issue? Do I have to correct all my documents even my marriage certificate?

Incorrect Spelling on Birth Certificate [ 2 Answers ]

The spelling of the first name is incorrect, it doesn't match any other documents, we have tried to have the name corrected, however this continues to be a run around. Without correct speling no drivers license, marriage nothing can take place. Born in Georgia. How can I get this resolved without...

View more questions Search