Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cauin Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 07:53 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Yes I am disorganized enough not to do any of those things I find them very hard. But I was organized enough to get through the 2 years of college where I lived near there. Quite simple how that is so. I had to get to enough exams. I'm barely organized enough to manage a shower without a fiasco. I do have aspergers and I'm trying to get organized to deal with that and apply for disability, there is much to fill out, but I'm not asking about that, and that's entirely my fault that I haven't sorted it out yet.. there are organizations offering advice that are very good.

Mar 4, 2011, 07:56 AM
    And why is everybody responding as a new answer instead of just in the comments section?

Mar 4, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Yeah right.. You say it's my decision I have to live with the consequences. I say by that logic, a guy that crosses the road and gets hit by a car also made the decision to cross the road and has to live with the consequences. If you say that that reply doesn't make sense then I think you're lying.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 07:59 AM

And why is everybody responding as a new answer instead of just in the comments section?
    Because that's how you are supposed to answer. You aren't supposed to use the stupid comments feature for follow ups.

Mar 4, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    If somebody has just come out of university and somebody else with the same knowledge has, and one has a degree and one hasn't, then the one that has is likely to be given a higher salary.

Mar 4, 2011, 08:05 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Oh comments is a stupid feature? There is a logic to the design of this site. It's not designed like a traditional forum , and to use it like that as you are makes it messy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 08:08 AM

You are a troll aren't you? I've been a member of this site for 6 years now. I think I know how it works.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2011, 08:09 AM

You talk like a high school dropout.

Trying to sue because someone won't give you something you aren't entitled to in the first place... then try to equate it to slipping on a floor or getting hit crossing a street.

Both of which have NOTHING in common about what you have been whinning about.

And if you have a degree or not... you aren't going to get hired at all if you act and talk like you don't have a clue and are trying to blow smoke up someone's butt. Because... NEWSFLASH. People that do know their job can spot a bullsh*ter pretty quick. And that's why you usually speak with more than one person before they make an offer. Because these people all talk to each other when you aren't there. And pick fun at the blowhards.. the unqualified and the liars. Because I've been part of more than a couple hirings.

Tell you what... how about I sue you for not buying me a new car...

That is just as logical and makes as much sense as what this entire thread is about.

Mar 4, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Listen, you don't know me, and you don't have enough information to go on to think that I'm a bullsh*er. If you do then bear in mind that you're in a situation where you can make any absurd judgement about my level relative to other candidates, and not be accountable for it because it's entirely a game you are playing in your mind, and not very well either. You don't know how I compare to other people on my degree to say I'm a bullsh*er. The fact that I completed 2 years of my degree is the best you have to go on. You know nothing. You don't know what the modules were. You don't know the specifics of what it took to pass each. You know nothing, so don't go saying I'm a bullsh*er.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 08:33 AM

If the OP is not a troll,

I now believe in reincarnation. You cannot get that selfish, spoiled, arrogant , and confused in a single lifetime.

Mar 4, 2011, 08:34 AM
    The fact is most people on the degree don't know things relevant to the work place.. I knew more than most and people came to me for help with stuff a lot, because of my knowledge, but for the workplace, we are all rather clueless. You don't know how people felt about the degree. You don't know what kind of university it was, all you have are guesses. And bad ones.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact is most people on the degree don't know things relevant to the work place.. I knew more than most and people came to me for help with stuff a lot, because of my knowledge, but for the workplace, we are all rather clueless. You don't know how people felt about the degree. You don't know what kind of university it was, all you have are guesses. and bad ones.
    Really... You have this special insight just how... Being I have a university Degree... I've been in the workforce for 30 years... and I've had a hand in hiring more than a few people. And none of the people I've given a thumbs up to have turned out to be bad choices.

Also...

I have a job... you don't,

I granduated college... you haven't.

I paid for my own college... you are whinning because you don't want to.

I will agree you and your friends are rather clueless... and that's not unusual, because none of you have been in that specific sector of the workforce. You don't have experience yet. As far as the none of you know the relivant work related stuff, that's also correct. College doesn't teach you the job... it gives you a foundation to build on when you do get a job so you are able to learn what you need specific to that job. And over several decades and several jobs that work specific knowledge will grow to something significant, and of value to employers.
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;cauin
    I knew more than most and people came to me for help with stuff a lot, because of my knowledge, but for the workplace,we are all rather clueless.

Now that makes sense. One in a row. You're improving already!

Bet you're glad you came.

Mar 4, 2011, 08:45 AM
    How do I have this special insight? It's not special insight. I was THERE on the degree talking to people and passed two years of it. You're a joker. A complete ignoramous. You think being on the degree we didn't know? Fool. Yes there are bull*shers, and people that con their way through, and if you knew about hiring and had any common sense, you'd know that you have to know the field to weed them out. And ask them questions on the subject, then you see straight away. This is common sense. I remember somebody joking with me because one guy that got the degree went to a job interview and couldn't do a simple thing that anybody withsuch a degree would be expected to know. Sure there are BShers, and they can be found out. But you don't find out without asking questions on the field. You may be good at your job or jobs of hiring people but I hope you didn't do it this way. You need to know your field to question the candidate or you're useless. Do you deny that?
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 08:51 AM

What is your field?

Maybe you can impress us with some display of your knowledge, by answering a question or two.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 4, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Using Answer is how this site is arranged. The comment section is limited, and is meant for very short remarks from people other than the OP (original poster).

From the little I know about Aspergers, I do think I understand some of what you are going through, but I also understand how relatives might be reduced to tears over you. Although symptoms vary widely, being set in ways, limited in multiple task ability, and reclusive are some that are common. I don't think you are aware of how absurd your blame is. Learn more about the syndrome and work with a therapist on how to manage your life without blaming anyone. You might have problems with most jobs anyway, although I just saw a TV segment about a very rich hedge fund guy with Aspergers who works at home all alone. In other words, brains aren't the problem, social skills are. Many people with Aspergers do well with numbers.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 08:55 AM

I WORK in a college. In administration.

I hear from people like you ALL the time. Usually when they're failing out because they couldn't keep their act together.

If you have Asperger's, you are eligible for accommodations in the US. If you haven't reached out to your ADA Coordinator to get them, then that is YOUR fault.

Your parents have absolutely ZERO obligation to put you through school. NONE. Nada. Zilch.

With that obligation missing, you can sue all you want--but you're not going to win. No court is going to award you money for something that was not their obligation in the first place.

Your analogies suck, by the way. It is the obligation of the people mopping the floor to warn others that it might be slippery. It is the obligation of the driver to pay attention to pedestrians.

It is NOT the obligation of parents to pay for post-secondary schooling of their adult children.

At this point--I WANT you to sue though. I want you to be out THAT money, plus lose your family, and get a healthy dose of reality along with it.

You are making excuses for why YOU failed. Yes---YOU ARE THE ONE WHO FAILED. That falls on absolutely no one else. If you were struggling, there were people at the school you could have talked to for help. If you didn't do so, that is YOUR fault.

Get over it, get a crappy job, and then go back to school to finish your degree.

Mar 4, 2011, 09:12 AM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    But puilling the rug from their feet AT SAME FINANCIAL COST is something else.. I know it seems the law doesn't go into such things. But it is a wrong for sure. And it's unfortunate that the law doesn't address it
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2011, 09:13 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I have this special insight? It's not special insight. I was THERE on the degree talking to people and passed two years of it. You're a joker. A complete ignoramous. You think being on the degree we didn't know? Fool. Yes there are bull*shers, and people that con their way through, and if you knew about hiring and had any common sense, you'd know that you have to know the field to weed them out. And ask them questions on the subject, then you see straight away. This is common sense. I remember somebody joking with me 'cos one guy that got the degree went to a job interview and couldn't do a simple thing that anybody withsuch a degree would be expected to know. Sure there are BShers, and they can be found out. But you don't find out without asking questions on the field. You may be good at your job or jobs of hiring people but I hope you didn't do it this way. You need to know your field to question the candidate or you're useless. Do you deny that?

Oh... 2 years and talking with your friends you have it ALL figured out? Really...

Then why in the hell aren't you independently wealthy and retired at your young age yet?

Or maybe you don't know a fraction of what you THINK you know.

I own Property in Two Countries... I've worked successful carreers on two countries... I've learned to speak four languages... earned the right to live and work in Two countries... AS I wish... I have numerous vehicles resitered and at my disposal that I own in two countries. I have money stashed in Two countries...

But you haven't even been able to support yourself and pay your own bills yet in one and you know everything. And Hanent even been able to finish college.

THey have a word for people like you. Its Blowhard. THere are others... but they are too vulgar to type here.

You don't know jack squat until you have been in the workforce. And you don't have to have a PHD in a specific field to spot a big talker... there are VERY, VERY few who can pull that off. People can tell by HOW you use certain words... not that you even know what they mean. Anyone can learn a vocabulary list. It takes time to learn to use them in a way that experienced people would. When You don't... it betrays your lack of experience. Use them in the wrong context... it betrays your lack of experience, Use wrong words at the wrong time, even if technically they are correct.. it beltrays your lack of experience.

There is a saying... can you talk the talk, and walk the walk?

And you DO know people that think they can fool others... ever groups has at least one. Some are fairly good at it, others aren't.

Prospective employers don't expect you to know everything out of college... but they will single out the big talkers as well as the obviously unqualified long before the list of prospective people are initially interviewed... and to further restrict those who do interview to narrow down the possible candidates.

You might be able to impress your friends... but you DO put off people that really are experts in the field.

There is a difference between confidence... and arrogance. The former is good, the lattter is bad.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2011, 09:15 AM
    Comment on Synnen's post

But puilling the rug from their feet AT SAME FINANCIAL COST is something else.. I know it seems the law doesn't go into such things. But it is a wrong for sure. And it's unfortunate that the law doesn't address it
    There is nothing wrong... because no such entitlement exists, or ever existed. In fact at 18, they could have simply told you to get a job and move out... you legally aren't entitled to live there for free once you are an adult. Be thankful you only have one year of education to pay for yourself... some of us have had to pay for ALL of our educations. And we don't blame our parents for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sue my parents for neglect , depression & bad parenting? [ 3 Answers ]

Someone please help me with my question!

What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the [ 5 Answers ]

What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the tile cost $8.91 per square yard?

Girlfriend has depression and crazy parents [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I joined this website just so I could ask this question. Let me tell you some backstory about the situation. Im 21 years old and my girlfriend is 19. We were friends for a while until we both started to realize we liked each other more and we started dating in August. Things were going...

Can I put a jute backed rug on a laminate without a rug pad or will it ruin thefloor [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Pergo laminate floor and I want to buy a jute backed rug to put on part of the floor. Do I need a rug pad (and what kind) or can I just lay the rug without ruining the laminate flooring.

View more questions Search