Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 06:29 PM
    The sky is falling once again!
    Not content with bringing on the doomsday of climate change, now we have another celestial event to contend with. This one comes with the assurance that past disasters have been aided and abetted by the tidal forces of the Moon.

Beware the ides of March or March 19 to be more precise
    Moonageddon: on March 19, our nearest neighbour will be at it closest since 1993 | News.com.au
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 04:59 AM

I can live with it. Not having the moon would be much worse than having it drift temporarily closer to the Earth.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 05:05 AM
    Well Tom I hope there is no calamity on that day but you have been warned
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 05:42 AM

Back in the days when we were going to get nuked by the Ruskies I learned in school how to assume the position.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Back in the days when we were going to get nuked by the Ruskies I learned in school how to assume the position.
    You did that when you elected Obama or was it Bush?
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Mar 10, 2011, 11:41 AM
    May 21, 2011 will be the Day of Judgment according to findings from the Bible.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 12:04 PM

Can you site the specific biblical passage for us ?

Mar 10, 2011, 12:34 PM
    Tomder55
    can you site the specific biblical passage for us ?
    Yes, and no. Let me explain.

[1] Yes I can cite specific passages that point to the date in question.

[2] No, the passages by themselves do not necessarily make a compelling argument as to why they could be understood in that way. Or even that they should be understood in that way.

I'm assuming you're looking for a quick and easy way to either accept or dismiss the entire issue of date setting. And I don't blame you at all. Most of the churches throughout The Churh Age have taught correctly that "No man knows the day or the hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but my father only." But the Church Age ended in 1988. And the churches are still teaching pretty much as they did before that. Yet NOW, that teaching is no longer valid for believers. A completely new re-appraisal of the entire gospel program is necessary. Based on the fact that God has opened all seven seals spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Nevertheless here are some of the passages you've requested. The ones most directly connected to May 21, 2011.
    [1] Genesis 7:4 and 7:10. Both referring to seven days before the flood.
    [2] Genesis 7:11. Referring to the second month and the seventeenth day of the month. Utilizing any Hebrew calendar converter online we see that the 17th day of the 2nd Hebrew month is equivalent to May 21. Specifically in the year 2011.
    [3] 2 Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:3,4,5. In the context of the great flood and the destruction of the Earth one day is as a thousand years. Applying that 1000 years to one day in Genesis 7, we get 7000 years after the flood.
    [4] In other studies Family Stations, Inc. published about 30 years ago that the Great Flood occurred in 4990 B.C. Adding 7000 years to 4990 B.C. we get 2011 A.D. The one year difference is because in going from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. there is no year "zero."
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Mar 10, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStrongBoy View Post
    tomder55

Yes, and no. Let me explain.

[1] Yes I can cite specific passages that point to the date in question.

[2] No, the passages by themselves do not necessarily make a compelling argument as to why they could be understood in that way. Or even that they should be understood in that way.

I'm assuming you're looking for a quick and easy way to either accept or dismiss the entire issue of date setting. And I don't blame you at all. Most of the churches throughout The Churh Age have taught correctly that "No man knows the day or the hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but my father only." But the Church Age ended in 1988. And the churches are still teaching pretty much as they did before that. Yet NOW, that teaching is no longer valid for believers. A completely new re-appraisal of the entire gospel program is necessary. Based on the fact that God has opened all seven seals spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Nevertheless here are some of the passages you've requested. The ones most directly connected to May 21, 2011.
    [1] Genesis 7:4 and 7:10. Both referring to seven days before the flood.
    [2] Genesis 7:11. Referring to the second month and the seventeenth day of the month. Utilizing any Hebrew calendar converter online we see that the 17th day of the 2nd Hebrew month is equivalent to May 21. Specifically in the year 2011.
    [3] 2 Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:3,4,5. In the context of the great flood and the destruction of the Earth one day is as a thousand years. Applying that 1000 years to one day in Genesis 7, we get 7000 years after the flood.
    [4] In other studies Family Stations, Inc. published about 30 years ago that the Great Flood occurred in 4990 B.C. Adding 7000 years to 4990 B.C. we get 2011 A.D. The one year difference is due to the fact that in going from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. there is no year "zero."

I would disagree with the date. We are not looking at the correct mathematical formulation. The important number is 6, not 7.

We need to take into account the perfection of numbers. A perfect number is dependent upon number's divisors. For example, the divisors of 12 are 1,2,3,4 and 6. When a sum of a number's divisors is greater than the number itself it is called an 'excessive' number. On this basis 12 is an excessive number because its divisors add up to 16. On the other hand the sum of a numbers divisors is less than the number itself is called a 'defective number'. 10 is a defective number because its divisors 1, 2 and 5 only add up to 8.

The most significant and rarest numbers are those whose divisors add up to exactly to the number itself and these are PERFECT numbers. The number 6 is significant because God created the world in 6 days. The number 6 has the divisors 1,2, and 3. It is a perfect number because 1+2+3 =6. Perfect numbers are hard to fine when we consider a sequence. The next perfect number is 28 because 1+2+4+7=14 =28.

As the counting of numbers get bigger the perfect numbers become harder to find. One can do the mathematics and find that the most significant perfect number is 8,128,

If we add 8,128 and not 7,000 to 449 B.C we get a date at least a thousand years later than 2011.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 05:37 PM

Yes I've actually spoken to a Jewish expert on this cite who used to be a heavy contributor here and explained that numerology in the Bible was an academic exercise that Biblical scholars take quite seriously.

I on the otherhand am more like my namesake Thomas... I got to stick my hands in the wound to be convinced.

There have been so many Biblical scholars in the past that convinced the masses that the end times were imminent and it didn't happen .

As poor a Christian as I am ,I neither look forward to the end of man on Earth nor think that I will be saved ,as some do, before the end days . I think waiting for the Rapture is a fools game ,and looking forward for the Rapture admits the failure of humans .I think we are all in this game to the end and should try to be like Lot.I do not look favorably at end of world prophesies . I think it is false prophesy... which we are also warned against.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Mar 10, 2011, 08:02 PM
    As it stands lets take a look at the two formulations and see whose mathematics is the best.

Formulation 1.
    We need to take into account the perfection of numbers. A perfect number is dependent upon number's divisors. For example, the divisors of 12 are 1,2,3,4 and 6. When a sum of a number's divisors is greater than the number itself it is called an 'excessive' number. On this basis 12 is an excessive number because its divisors add up to 16. On the other hand the sum of a numbers divisors is less than the number itself is called a 'defective number'. 10 is a defective number because its divisors 1, 2 and 5 only add up to 8.

The most significant and rarest numbers are those whose divisors add up to exactly to the number itself and these are PERFECT numbers. The number 6 is significant because God created the world in 6 days. The number 6 has the divisors 1,2, and 3. It is a perfect number because 1+2+3 =6. Perfect numbers are hard to fine when we consider a sequence. The next perfect number is 28 because 1+2+4+7=14 =28.

As the counting of numbers get bigger the perfect numbers become harder to find. One can do the mathematics and find that the most significant perfect number is 8,128,

If we add 8,128 and not 7,000 to 449 B.C we get a date at least a thousand years later than 2011.

Formulation 2.
    [1] Genesis 7:4 and 7:10. Both referring to 7 days before the flood.
    [2] Gensis 7:11. Referring to the second month. Utilizing any Hebrew Calendar converter online we see that the 17th day of the 2nd Hebrew month is equivalent to May 21. Specifically in the year 2011.
    [3] Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:3,4,5. In the context of the second great flood and the destruction of the earth one day is a thousand years. Applying that 1000 years to one day in Genesis 7, we get 7000 years after the flood.
    [4] IN other studies Family stations, Inc. published about 30 years ago that the Great Flood occurred in 4,990 B.C. Adding 7,000 to 4990 B.C we get 2011 A.D. The one year difference is because in going from 1 B.C. to 1.A.D. there is no year 'zero'

At the moment there is no possible way of determining which formulation to go with. Both formulations are entirely consistent within themselves.

Herein lies the problem. While being consistent both formulations lack proof. One is as good as the other.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 PM
    Tom don't bother arguing with this twit he obviously hails from some end times cult. I don't know how anyone can ignore what is said in Scripture no man can know the day or the hour, that holds true now, because God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, he doesn't change his mind, none of these false prophets have ever got their calculations right. So the Church age ended in 1988, I wonder where he got that from? Does that mean no one has been saved since 1988. The whole thing is just too ridiculous and this is about current events, not religion or biblical intrepretation he just has a new twist on the 2012 prediction, he is eighteen months out. I now expect he will explain how you deduct a year an a half from one prophesy to prove another

Mar 11, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Not only is the sky falling again, but also the Earth is shaking again.

The Bible, in Revelation, tells of the greatest earthquake of all time that will occur when the Day of Judgment begins.

MAY 21, 2011
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 11:36 AM

This was not the greatest Earthquake of all time. It's not the biggest one in the last decade.

That one would be the Sumatra Earthquake of 2004 which was a 9.3 richter scale one . It created a huge tsunami on Dec 26 2004 as you may remember killing in excess of 240,000 people.

Mar 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
    Tomder55
    this was not the greatest Earthquake of all time.
    I didn't say that the current earthquake in Japan was the greatest earthquake of all time.

Perhaps I was not clear enough. I'm saying that the greatest earthquake of all time will happen May 21, 2011. Precisely !!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 11:52 AM

I'll mark that date on my calendar .
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Mar 11, 2011, 12:03 PM

I don't understand all of this-or maybe I'm just extremely scared! Mainly for my family. I have small children-they've been introduced to Jesus/God, but they haven't been baptised/saved... so when this big day comes, does that mean they won't be a part of the "chosen" ones? I was baptised in 1997-why shouldn't I still attend church or have my family attend church? How did the church days end in 1988? What is the story behind that? This is just scaring me so badly it's making me sick.

Mar 11, 2011, 12:30 PM
    Dear Depressed in MO,

As you can see from my Reputation rating of 16, I am a newbie on this site. And I have been quite sternly reprimanded by the site Administrators on a number of occasions. Since then I've had to learn a few things.

Would you be so kind as to look at the heading of this thread. It should indicate quite clearly that we are presently in the Member Discussions board. And the rules that govern this particular type of thread are somewhat different from the rules that govern the regular question and answer format.

As I understand it, those who respond to questions in the main body of this site should do their best to continue to service the intent of the original asker's question. However, in the Member Discussions board we may address "miscellaneous statements and general conversations."

Having said all of that, you have been warned. Do you still want an answer here ? If not, may I suggest you post a new question in the main body of this site.

Mar 11, 2011, 12:35 PM
    Dear Depressed in MO,

As you can see from my Reputation rating of 16, I am a newbie on this site. And I have been quite sternly reprimanded by the site Administrators on a number of occasions. Since then I've had to learn a few things.

Would you be so kind as to look at the heading of this thread. It should indicate quite clearly that we are presently in the Member Discussions board. And the rules that govern this particular type of thread are somewhat different from the rules that govern the regular question and answer format.

As I understand it, those who respond to questions in the main body of this site should do their best to continue to service the intent of the original asker's question. However, in the Member Discussions board we may address "miscellaneous statements and general conversations."

Having said all of that, you have been warned. Do you still want an answer here ? If not, may I suggest you post a new question in the main body of this site.
    What are you talking about? What am I warned of? I'm asking about what you are preaching about. I thought it was related to the OP's original topic of discussion. All I was doing was asking for help to understand, I don't think that is wrong no matter what discussion topic I'm in.

Mar 11, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Dear Depressed in MO,

Also, we are under Current Events board, not Member Discussion, unless I'm missing something... :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung and sky+ [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have just got a 40in LE40A656A1f lcd TV and fitted it to my sky+ box and the picture is crap! The picture was better on my old sony 32in flat screen. I've tried gold scart leads and this did'nt work help!!

Signs in the sky [ 3 Answers ]

Of late there has been some strange things going on in the sky . One was when the two planets jupiter and venus moved close to the moon to form what looked like a triangle it was visible by probably the whole world. I saw this myself outside it was amazing to look at. If you missed this Google it...

Stars we see in the sky [ 8 Answers ]

I recently found these forums and I really appreciate the knowledge that people share. I have been browsing the forums a few days, already learnt much and I am seeking for more :) - The stars we see in the sky belong to our galaxy? - Are all those stars suns of other solar systems? - Are there...

Why is the sky blue? [ 7 Answers ]

Why is the sky blue?:cool:

Why is the sky blue? [ 8 Answers ]

This is something I've always wondered, something which seems so simple, but yet I'm sure has a more complex explanation. Maybe somebody could enlighten me :confused: Thanks

View more questions Search