Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sally878 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Using a someone else's id consequences by law uk?
    One of my friends went out out the other night and borrowed her sisters ID after a mix up, she thought her sister had said she could borrow it when she hadn't, she then got it taken off her at a club and the club are passing it over to the police her sister wants her to go to the police with her and explain what had happened, what's the worst consequence by law for using someone else's ID to get into a club? (for a 17 year old)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2011, 07:21 AM

Did the Police file charges or this just a case of going down to the Police Department and picking up the card?

You are aware that even if the sister GAVE permission to use the ID this is, in fact, a criminal act. If the sister gave permission she could also be charged.

Mar 3, 2011, 07:29 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I think its just going to pick up the card I'm not too sure if they do file charges what are the consequences? I know about the giving permission but it was a big missunderstanding the sister said something to her that inplied she could borrow it but but she didn't give her permission and my friend misunderstood her.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2011, 07:59 AM

I see all sorts of legal questions, such as how the person got the sister's card, how such a misunderstanding could occur. None of this probably matters. I doubt there will be charges filed. I would guess there will be warnings and a lecture.

If no one was arrested/charged at the scene I would "guess" (again) this is simply to pick up the ID.

Mar 3, 2011, 08:36 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    If it is how you say, and it is just a warning will my friends parents be notified about the incident? And if my friend has a previous warning for shop lifting will this affect the situation?
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2011, 09:31 AM

Yes, the warning for shoplifting certainly could enter into this.

I doubt her parents will be notified. If so, she would have been advised to bring them to the Police Station with her.

However, if she's used her sister's ID in this fashion, has been picked up for shoplifting, maybe the Police will decide the parents should know.

- Hard to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage drinking and using someone else's id. [ 10 Answers ]

My friend was out drinking at a local kareoke lounge... when police came, they asked for his id and he told them that he was underage, then afterwards the police checked his wallet.. and found someone else's id in it... So he ended up with 2 tickets 1) drinking under 19 2) possession of...

Viewing someone else's bill [ 2 Answers ]

How can I veiw a copy of my husbands cell phone bill if its not in my name it in his and he has a password on the bill so that I can't view it, and I think he is talking to someone else?

Using my ss# with someone else's name fraud? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem and could use some information (guidance) about 8 months ago I had tried to turn on a cellphone when they told me I had an outstanding balance I was completely shocked. I knew I never used there services before so I asked what address was the phone line turned on at when they...

Removal of someone else's RV from our property. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a friend who with out our permission left his Rv in the back lot of our property and over the past 5 years has has so many excuses as to why he will not remove the Rv. How can we remove the RV at the cost of this person.

My fault, or someone else's? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a tenant in a condo owned by someone who is currently out of the country. I've had some major issues while the landlord has been gone; however, I think this problem is unrelated.* I live in a ground floor condo unit. The condo directly above me is unoccupied. The unit on the 3rd floor...

View more questions Search