NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2011, 01:28 PM
    You're awesome. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Ok, works for me and millions of others, no-hauntings clause included at no extra cost! And what are we missing exactly from living like this?
    Exactly. Doesn't sound like such a bad deal to me. :)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2011, 05:09 PM

I'm a Christian. I have never encountered a ghost, demon or anything. It's a BETTER deal for me because I believe Satan has no power over me.

Just because I believe there is a spirtual world out there that includes angels and demons doesn't mean that I focus on them. It is what it is.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 14, 2011, 07:27 PM
    Southamerica, this question opens a BIG can of worms if you know what I mean.

A lot of things need to be defined before any real discussion can go forth. Such as what is a REAL Christian? Because there are MANY MANY people that suffer from spiritual issues that CLAIM they are a Christian when in fact, they are not. Yes, these issues DO happen... certainly Hollywood has glorified and exaggerated it, but that doesn't take away from the reality of it all.

These things happen to every sort of person... poor people, rich people, religious people, ATHEISTS and AGNOSTICS, smart people, dumb people. To say this type of thing only happens to people that believe in it is just ignorance. I personally know someone who was FORCED to believe the reality of this, against their wishes, when unexplained phenomena starting happening in his home after his wife's suicide.

Quite frankly the bible covers just about every topic you can think of... psychic phenomena/fortune telling, ghosts, demons, angels, necromancy... most people are just too unwilling to put the puzzle pieced together. Here's a very easy example... the bible is very clear that the human spirit (whether evil or good) does not "hang around" after death but goes to it's place of judgement. It is also very clear that Satan is the 'Father of all Lies' and can appear as an 'Angel of Light', we should expect his followers/angels to do likewise. So when a spirit appears on the scene claiming to be dead aunt Sally... biblically speaking it's quite obvious what kind of spirit it is.

I am a Christian and according to the Word of God I have authority over these evil powers in Jesus' name. One has to EXERCISE this authority to use it... that is what so many of the "religious" crowd get walked on by the Devil... they either allow it or they are ignorant of their position in Christ. I know for a fact it works... I have had to remove spirits on more than one occasion.

Southamerica, I welcome any further questions/concerns you have.
    Pets Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 09:10 PM

Here's a very easy example... the bible is very clear that the human spirit (whether evil or good) does not "hang around" after death but goes to it's place of judgement. It is also very clear that Satan is the 'Father of all Lies' and can appear as an 'Angel of Light', we should expect his followers/angels to do likewise. So when a spirit appears on the scene claiming to be dead aunt Sally... biblically speaking it's quite obvious what kind of spirit it is.
    Since you believe in the bible, and are a Christian, then this explanation is what best suits you. That doesn't make it fact, that's just your belief, and you have a right to it. Others believe different things, and their beliefs are just as valid as yours.

When my daughter was little (around 2 years old) she started seeing two older people in her room at night. They only came when she was scared, and they always made her feel safe.

She never met my parents, and she'd never seen pictures. She was too young to understand that Oma and Opa had died before she was born.

One day we were looking through the family album, and we got to a page with pictures of my parents. She said "Those are the two people that come to my room".

To you that was the devil playing tricks. To me it was my parents watching out for my daughter.

Believe what you want, but don't state it as fact, because it isn't.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Since you believe in the bible, and are a Christian, then this explanation is what best suits you. That doesn't make it fact, that's just your belief, and you have a right to it. Others believe different things, and their beliefs are just as valid as yours.

When my daughter was little (around 2 years old) she started seeing two older people in her room at night. They only came when she was scared, and they always made her feel safe.

She never met my parents, and she'd never seen pictures. She was too young to understand that Oma and Opa had died before she was born.

One day we were looking through the family album, and we got to a page with pictures of my parents. She said "Those are the two people that come to my room".

To you that was the devil playing tricks. To me it was my parents watching out for my daughter.

Believe what you want, but don't state it as fact, because it isn't.
    Interesting Alty, I didn't realize that happened to your little girl. I know you don't call yourself an atheist but a diest. Do believe that we go somewhere when we die? Meaning our soul or spirit goes elsewhere? Because I'm assuming that NK doesn't... he doesn't believe in any kind of spirtual world.

Am I correct, NK ? By the way... were you calling me awesome? I didn't want to jump all over that... but I am awesome and thanks for noticing... ha ha:D
    Pets Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Interesting Alty, i didn't realize that happened to your little girl. I know you don't call yourself an atheist but a diest. Do believe that we go somewhere when we die? meaning our soul or spirit goes elsewhere? Because I'm assuming that NK doesn't...he doesn't believe in any kind of spirtual world.

Am I correct, NK ? btw...were you calling me awesome? I didn't want to jump all over that...but I am awesome and thanks for noticing....ha ha:D
    I'm still on the fence about what happens after death. I really want to believe there's a heaven, or a wonderful place that we go to once we die. Is heaven run by God though? As a Deist I don't believe that God cares about his creation, so how could he care about what happens to us after we die? If there is a "heaven" I don't know if it's necessarily run by any God. Maybe it's just another realm, another "universe" that we go to once we die.

I do believe that our souls don't just disappear when we die. I believe that we're so much more then just the bodies that tie us to this earth. I also very much believe that my parents did and still do watch over my family.

I guess there's only one way to find out what happens once we die, and I for one am not curious enough to find out. ;)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    So when a spirit appears on the scene claiming to be dead aunt Sally...biblically speaking it's quite obvious what kind of spirit it is.
    Im curious what kind that would be? It seems you have a vandetta against christians.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 15, 2011, 09:41 AM
    A lot of things need to be defined before any real discussion can go forth. Such as what is a REAL Christian?
    That's actually a great point: IF Jesus drives away evil forces, then one must GENUINELY have Jesus in his/her heart in order to utilize that protection.

Altenweg, I find that story about your daughter so touching. I lost my grandfather in 2004 and my niece in 2005. He was one of my greatest mentors and a close friend to all of us. She was 8 years old and was already an inspiring believer. I talk to them often before I go to sleep and hope they can hear me, or at least the messages are relayed to them :). Most of all I hope their amazing souls have been put to use elsewhere beside here on Earth.

To all, this thread is incredible to me because I'm seeing Christians, Deists, and I believe a couple Atheists discussing something that is normally a "hot" topic (with a lot of hate thrown around), but here on AMHD everyone is able to discuss and learn without any hateful/unhelpful remarks. It's great! I rarely get to discuss the paranormal without some sort of sarcasm or fanaticism involved, and I have a great interest in the paranormal though I have never experienced it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southamerica View Post
    I rarely get to discuss the paranormal without some sort of sarcasm or fanaticism involved, and I have a great interest in the paranormal though I have never experienced it.
    Someday I'll tell you about my guardian angel, AngelWolf, who's been taking care of me since I was very young. Now that I think of it, he was probably the one who nudged me into an impromptu visit to a woman I hardly knew to save her life.

Mar 15, 2011, 01:06 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    A vandetta against Christians? In what way? Like I said, biblically speaking, it's quite obvious what kind of spirit it would be.

Mar 15, 2011, 01:11 PM
    That's actually a great point: IF Jesus drives away evil forces, then one must GENUINELY have Jesus in his/her heart in order to utilize that protection.

Southamerica you are correct in that statement. While this type of Christian does have the utmost control over these evil powers... the bible does elude to the fact that simply by His name these things have to obey. I know of non-Christians who have used His name to repel an evil spirit, and this is scriptural in that Jesus said some would come to him on the day of Judgement and say "Lord, Lord did we not cast out demons in your name?" and He will say "away from me, for I did not know you".
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 01:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by califdadof3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hauntinghelper
    So when a spirit appears on the scene claiming to be dead aunt Sally...biblically speaking it's quite obvious what kind of spirit it is.

Im curious what kind that would be? It seems you have a vandetta against christians.

A vandetta against Christians? In what way? Like I said, biblically speaking, it's quite obvious what kind of spirit it would be.

Im asking because in most of your posts when you make mention of biblical spirits you infer they are all bad. So that is why Im asking. Is that what your trying to say about all spirits ?

Mar 15, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying when you rule out the angelic and human, there is only one kind of spirit left. Human spirits do not remain on the earth after death. Angelic spirits, when making direct contact with someone, will typically identify themselves as such. However, the bible tells us to test the spirits... more people would do well if they would follow through with this advice.

So, in what way do I have a vendetta with Christianity?
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Angelic spirits, when making direct contact with someone, will typically identify themselves as such.
    How do you know this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2011, 03:30 PM

Hello NK:

He got an email. What? Spirits don't use the interweb?

excon
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 03:57 PM
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying when you rule out the angelic and human, there is only one kind of spirit left. Human spirits do not remain on the earth after death. Angelic spirits, when making direct contact with someone, will typically identify themselves as such. However, the bible tells us to test the spirits...more people would do well if they would follow through with this advice.

So, in what way do I have a vendetta with Christianity?
    When you start by making blanket statements and judging others. As when you said " Christian? Because there are MANY MANY people that suffer from spiritual issues that CLAIM they are a Christian when infact, they are not. " your making some huge assumptions when you don't have a right to. Your trying to make yourself and your church as the only one that can be christian. And to me that's not only wrong it shows you have a vandetta against other christians not in your church.

Mar 15, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    I understand that not everybody believes the bible to be true. But if you follow it as your guideline, then in more cases that is what happened. True, the bible does say something about entertaining strangers that are really angels. I am talking more specifically about the ones that converse with people and are trying to make contact or give some sort of revelation.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2011, 04:33 PM
    I understand that not everybody believes the bible to be true. But if you follow it as your guideline, then in more cases that is what happened. True, the bible does say something about entertaining strangers that are really angels. I am talking more specifically about the ones that converse with people and are trying to make contact or give some sort of revelation.
    Well you didn't really answer the question. What is the basis for your statement: "when making direct contact with someone, will typically identify themselves as such." Surely the bible addresses it directly?

Mar 15, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Well, you see, there are the Christians who believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died for their sins and rose from the dead. Those who have repented of their sins and asked Him to be a part of their life. THAT is what the Bible calls a Christian. Then there are those you simply think that living in America makes them a Christian... or believing that God exists and refuse to take that knowledge to the next crucial step. The Bible tells us that "you say there is a God? You do well, but even the demons believe...and TREMBLE". I hope you can see that fine line between believing God exists and having Him be apart of your life. There IS a difference. So, as you can see I have made no such "blanket" statement. I have in no way brought up denominationalism or who in the Christian faith is "right" or "wrong". I am going according to the revealed Word of God for the definition of what a Christian is... not what someone THINKS it should mean

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salam Aaliakum: my question is: is the religion alow me to change my hear color? [ 3 Answers ]

Asalam Alaikum: IM a muslim lady Alhamdulillah, so what I want to ask my brothers is: my hear color is black so if I change it into brown color, does the religion alow us to do that??

Deep Question on Religion [ 6 Answers ]

I am not sure if I should be sending this question to the "religion" part of the "ask me help desk website" or to the "philosophy: section. Well, here goes. I was raised Catholic. Therefore I was taught the Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago. My first question is, when will we stop saying...

View more questions Search