Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buzzerb Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 02:26 PM
    I don't want to lose my girlfriend
    I have been with my girlfriend now for nearly 10 months, however this last week its as if she is a different person and doesn't think she wants to be in a relationship, thlast 9 months have been amazing and we have this amazing connection and chemistry, we have done a lot together, she has 2 children from a previous relationship, but he lied and cheated on her, maybe we happened too quickly but she said she couldn't have moved on this quickly with anyone else, we had something about 16-17 years ago which I never told her how I felt then, now I can't bare to be without her but she has just seemed to have put up a barrier and just said she wants to spend time on her own with the kids, I don't know what to think or do I can't bare not talking to her I am in so much pain thinking that I could lose her. She said she needs time to think about things but I think I am just delaying the inevitable.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Mar 2, 2011, 05:06 PM
    Your still in a relationship until it's over. And by being scared, you can come off as needy clingy all sort's of bad things that's only going to make it harder for you to stay with her.

She tells you she wants some time with the kids without you, the best thing you can do then is to give her that time and let her come to you.

Let her only see you in a positive way, so give her the space she want's and concentrate on your own life, you know enjoy the good times with friends/family something that makes you happy..

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 08:48 PM

Stop delaying the inevitable then, and give her what she wants, time and space with her kids.

Mar 3, 2011, 05:00 AM
    I really hope she sees all the good we have in our relationship and can continue. If it means taking a step back then I think that is the right thing to do. Not sure if her seeing me and the kids having such a fantastic bond has helped though? Does she get jealous? No need to be, I have a lot of questions. Lets just hope that with time she will understand that she has someone that really does love her and would do anything for her. Is there anything I can say or do that will help?

Mar 4, 2011, 02:50 AM
    Is she splitting up with me?
    Been with my girlfriend for 10 months, she split up about 6 months previous with 2 children involved, we clicked from the start it was fantastic we talked aboout the future and everything together, boy did I really buy into that. We have a past from 16/17 years ago where I was left hurt, I was reluctant to meet up with her again but did so after a long chase by her.

But after she was forced to move out of her rented house to another, she has been different and I put it down to the stress of the move etc. But now in the last week she has just put a barrier up saying she wants time with her and the kids, and to think about things, I have done nothing wrong but feel I am not getting the answers I need.

I am so frustrated it is effecting everything about me.
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 03:08 PM

Expecting different answers by starting a new thread? Not likely, but if you want more feedback, supply more input.

What part of leave her alone and let the dust settle while you regroup, and rebuild are you missing. Even if she gave you a different answer, I doubt you would understand in the emotional state your in. She wants to be with her kids, which translates to not with you.

She was being nice, so take the hint and do as she says, give her and her kids some space.

Mar 5, 2011, 12:07 AM
    I know I need to give her time and space with the kids, but I just feel like she has put this barrier up and doesn't seem to want to answer any of my questions, I could understand if either of us had done something wrong but if it was over I would rather have a straight that's it its over, but I think she still loves me, I know she has issue from before I have never said and thought she wouldn't, we normally sat and talked about it, but why the barrier? Is she honestly thinking about it?
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2011, 11:54 AM
    So you already know that you need to leave her alone. Still you ask questions. I'm not sure if anybody here likes psychology, but I feel that asking questions provides an emotional outlet. It feels good.to believe that you can ask any question and know that there will be an answer. The problem is that the answer comes back in the form of written words here that tell YOU how to do something. Some people don't want this. They want the person providing the answer to fix everything. The answerer may then be seen as a God in a way. Nonetheless, it is relieving.

Mar 9, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Ok, I know I have not listened to anyone, but we have talked and she has told me she isn't ready to be a relationship at the moment, she is really sorry and upset by it all, after chatting to her about it all, she said she wants to stay friends and for me to see her and her children as friends, I have thought long and hard about it all, and know I should prob have a clean break, but she has become a great friend as well as a girlfriend, I think I am going to try the friendship bit, but how can I deal with any emmotional setbacks I have to deal with?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2011, 06:31 AM

If that's the path you choose you have to deal with whatever setbacks as they happen and really learn how to separate false hope from reality.

My advice to you is go for a clean break,less confusion,less pain and a quicker healing.
    Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 01:38 PM

I think you do better with a clean break. And a proper healing, so you can be a real friend, and better able to deal with the emotional setbacks this friendship may bring.

Until then my friend, you will be a lousy friend, and not deal with the emotional setback you find yourself in NOW!! Simple fact is you are in denial, of your rejection, and have no healthy life that makes you happy without her in your life. Get one, and heal properly, not just feel better, but truly be better. Then you can be a good friend, and not an unhealthy one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend says she loves me and don't want to lose me but wants to take a step bac [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend says she loves me and doesn't want to loose me but we are in. a long distance relationship a see wants to take a step back. She texts me still eveyday and says good morning and good night but nothing in between.

I don't want to father some other man's kid but I don't want to leave my girlfriend [ 24 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been dating for five weeks, and yesterday she found out that she is pregnant, I am 18 the father is 17 and she is 16, she can't have the kid, I can't be a father this soon I want to be one but just not now, she can't throw away her future, and the father no matter how bad this...

I really like him and I don't want to lose him but I don't want to look needy neither? [ 56 Answers ]

OK me and this we've been dating for two months then we decided on making it an open relationship with no commitment and after our last date three days later I asked him out and he said he was busy and the next day I asked him out and again he turned me down so three days later I text him:i really...

I don't want to lose him [ 4 Answers ]

hi I'm 15 and I go out with my boyfriend for a month now. We used to be best friends before and he always liked me so I gave him a chance. At first I didn't like him so I broke up with him after a week. But when I broke up with him I realized I loved him so I talked to him and asked if he wanted to...

I don't want to lose him [ 16 Answers ]

My boyfriend just moved out after I made some demands of him that I thought were reasonable,I asked that he 'd make an attempt 2 comply or that he should go-well he left & although we are still in contact I have sank so low as 2 beg him 2 come back home he refuses & says that I hurt him by kicking...

View more questions Search