Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BenAssa Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Mar 2, 2011, 02:13 PM
    What are common reasons to poke on FaceBook? Is it ever a good idea?
    I often get poked, and sometimes poke, but I wonder if I understand why I poke or get poked?
    Am I getting/ sending wrong messages?
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 2, 2011, 02:15 PM

I would think most often there aren't any messages being sent. I've been in a "poke war" with my sister and a couple other friends for years. It's just an impulse by now to return the poke. I wouldn't worry about it nor read into it too much.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2011, 02:16 PM

I'm 38, when I poke I'm just saying 'hey', my daughter who is 18 tells me when a guy (her age) pokes it means he's flirting or interested,go figure.

What does it mean to you or your friends?

Perhaps this may be better in member discussion?
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 2, 2011, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    im 38, when i poke im just saying 'hey', my daughter who is 18 tells me when a guy (her age) pokes it means hes flirting or interested,go figure.

what does it mean to you or your friends?

perhaps this may be better in member discussion?
    Haha, I guess I am getting old (I'm only 24!). I would never think that a "poke" implies flirtation. Social networking is changing everything.
    waynesol Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Poking is just a clever way that Facebook uses to wake up a dead user, that is a user that has not logged on in a while or a user browsing that is not participating in an activity. If I poke you it motivates you to poke me back or say hello or to do something and activity on Facebook is what keeps it alive.

Wayne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

My Facebook has been disable, I have no idea how to get it back! [ 7 Answers ]

:confused:I decided to check my Facebook this morning and realized my Facebook has been disabled, I am in great shock right now because I have no clue what happened. My question is can I be able to access my account again or do I need to create another one. Also, it bugs me because I didn't do...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search