Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guamdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 10:46 AM
    1991 Honda Civic Tack, water gauge, fuel gauge problem?
    My tack, fuel gauge and water temp gauge all went to zero. I could not find any fuzes that were out. Is there anything that would provide power to these three items?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2011, 11:39 AM

This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2043857

If the problem persists, the printed circuit board may be bad, which will likely require replacing the instrument panel. Be sure to check all connections to the PCB. Corrosion can always be a problem, particularly on Guam.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 02:10 PM

On certain models, a poor connection at the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) between the cluster and the 12-pin connector can cause intermittent open circuits.
    IPC removal isn't needed since you can gain access to the problem area behind the gauge visor:

Name:  1a.gif
Views: 1681
Size:  6.0 KB

If you see that the connector isn't making sufficient contact, using a small flat-tip screwdriver, gently lift the connector contact portion of the printed circuit strip, to get it out of the cavity.

Name:  1b.gif
Views: 1453
Size:  10.0 KB

Attach a piece of foam tape to the back of the printed circuit strip and then push the printed circuit strip back into the cavity and reconnect the 12-Pin connector to the gauge assembly.
    If all functions are restored after you've finished, reinstall everything removed earlier.
    If that doesn't work, Tx is right: you'll likely need the entire IPC replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a honda civic 1999 my problem is the temperature gauge is staying in cold [ 0 Answers ]

I have a honda civic 1999 my problem is the temperature gauge staying in cold specially when its cold but when its not cold it stays on middle but I notice when my heater is on it take to long to move in the middle or sometimes if its already in the middle it is going down to cold.I already...

1991 honda accord won't start and fuel gauge not working? [ 2 Answers ]

1991 honda accord won't start and fuel gauge not working replaced the main fuel relay and still won't start

92 honda prelude fuel and temp gauge not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda prelude and the fuel and tempature gauge want come on or do anything it use to work after I put the new motor in I know a pretty good bit about honda and I can't seem to figure this one out

91 Honda Civic - Temperature Gauge [ 1 Answers ]

My 91 Honda Civic temperature gauge goes crazy sometimes - shoots right to hot. It has been doing this for the last 3 years, seemingly whenever it's damp and between -5 and 5 degrees celsius. We took it in immediately when it first happened, but 3 places, including a Honda dealer couldn't find...

View more questions Search