Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmartin2413 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Can a C-corporation buy another C-corporation shares?
    I own a c-corporation that I want to sell; the other two individuals that want to buy my business want to do it through their current c-corporation? I did not think a c-corp could own shares of another c-corp... but I am not a laywer either. Does it matter what state I am incorporated? (By the way; both companies are incorporated in Indiana)

Check out some similar questions!

Outstanding stock of the colt corporation included 20,000 shares of $5par common stoc [ 2 Answers ]

Outstanding stock of the colt coproation included 20,000 shares of $5 par common stock and 5,000 shares of 5% $10par noncumulative preferred stock. In 2009, colt declared and paid dividends of $2,000 in 2010, colt declared and paid dividends of $6,000. How much of the 2010 dividend was...

Moon Corporation and Star Corporation are in the same line of business and both were [ 2 Answers ]

Moon Corporation and Star Corporation are in the same line of business and both were recently organized, so it may be assumed that the recorded costs for assets are close to current market values. The balance sheets for the two companies are as follows at July 31, 2009: MOON CORPORATION Balance...

Weisberg Corporation has 13,900 shares of $100 par value, 8%, preferred stock and 5rs [ 1 Answers ]

Weisberg Corporation has 13,900 shares of $100 par value, 8%, preferred stock and 54,000 shares of $10 par value common stock outstanding at December 31, 2010. Answer the questions in each of the following independent situations. (a) If the preferred stock is cumulative and dividends were...

How would I(ceo of a corporation) institutionalize ethics in the corporation. [ 2 Answers ]

Please send the answer as soon as possible. The question is - if I am a chief executive officer of a large corporation , how would I institutionalize ethics in the corporation?

How would a corporation buy back issued shares? [ 2 Answers ]

Small Business owned by one owner. 100 shares issued to partner at $10 per shares. Accounting entry was. dr. cash $1000 Cr common shares 100 Cr additional paid in capital $900 What would be accounting entry when we purchase back 100 shares at $15? Would the entry at the bottom be correct...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.