Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oopsmj Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2011, 11:46 AM
    k-1 visa holder got denied and still working in the states.
    k-1 visa holder got denied her marriage, and what if she is still working to make money in the states? Is it illagel? If so,what happen to this person and employer?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2011, 11:52 AM

If she is working illegally she can and probably will be reported IF the authorities find out.

Nothing happens to the employer UNLESS the employer allowed the employee to work illegally. Then the employer gets fined.

Mar 1, 2011, 11:55 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    How to be reported? And how much of fine?
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2011, 12:45 PM

Why are you interested in what the employer's fine would be?

It would be reported to INS.

What is your general interest in this?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 01:58 PM

Don't jump to a conclusion as yet.. for K-1 holder, if marriage fails because of domestic abuse, he/she is eligible for self-petition under VAWA. Time frame is 2 years.

Mar 1, 2011, 05:06 PM
    Comment on lawanwadee's post
    Yeah, that's what I heard, but there is no domestic abuse, then how long he/she will have time to leave in the states?

Mar 1, 2011, 05:09 PM
    Because my bf's family is hiring k-1 visa holder person which the visa will be denied sooner or later . If they keep letting this person work for them, what kind of posibilities will be reported ? And.. the fine would be charged a lot?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 2, 2011, 07:40 AM
    originally posted by oopsmj
    because my bf's family is hiring k-1 visa holder person which the visa will be denied sooner or later . if they keep letting this person work for them, what kind of posibilities will be reported ? and.. the fine would be charged alot?

USCIS and ICE enforcement of unauthorized employment is very discretionary and it depends on the industry, the nature of the employment position, the size of the company, the number of "illegal" aliens, etc. for most businesses, the enforcement action is not likely to be initiated unless there are a significant number of violations or there is a pattern and practice of hiring illegal aliens. If the alleged immigration violation is smaller, then it is unlikely for any action to be taken other than the complaint accepted and filed. The enforcing authorities have limited resources and choose the most egregious violators or industries deemed to be particularly sensitive for security purposes.

How big is the company? How many employees? What industry? Any previous enforcement action? Under the jurisdiction of other US agency?

Mar 2, 2011, 09:19 AM
    Comment on NYcityboy's post
    Its not a company . It's a small beauty shop, doing nails or waxing stuff. I think only one or 2 employees. I'm not sure about enforcement action or other thing. Thanks
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2011, 10:37 AM

Is this thread related to this thread? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/immigr...ml#post2699721

Mar 2, 2011, 01:19 PM

To oopsmj,

Its really better to reply in the "answer this question box at the bottom of the thread, and not in the "comment on this post". Its much better as you can be quoted.

Mar 2, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Is this thread related to this thread? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/immigr...ml#post2699721
    JudyKayTee, good eye, it looks like it is. :)

Mar 2, 2011, 03:40 PM
    Oh yeah, it is. Its bit complicated story to tell on here +_+!
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oopsmj View Post
    oh yeah, it is. its bit complicated story to tell on here +_+!

It is both foolish and a time waster to post half of the facts, none of the facts, some of the facts. We are all volunteers, too busy to sort through your various posts and try to put the pieces together.

As I understand it from your posts your "boyfriend" is married, is trying to get divorced, married for money so someone could get immigration status. I don't think it's that complicated.

He is trying to divorce his wife now.

He's out of the US - in South Korea; his Vietnamese wife is IN the US - and you are trying to get her deported.

Your father is cheating on your mother. You found proof. Or your sister found proof (depending on which post you believe).

You enjoy performing oral sex on the subway.

Did I miss anything?

Mar 2, 2011, 03:52 PM
    Yes , I don't think you miss anything of posts that I posted. So, have you got any answers for me?
    Didn't know that you are volunteering answers to people, if I knew that ,I didn't want to bother put my pieces together.

Thanks

Mar 2, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Well, he didn't get married for money. Its bit complicated to tell about whole story. Except that I don't think you miss anything. But you haven't given me decent answers yet.
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2011, 06:20 PM

Here's my advice - your boyfriend is a married man. Leave him alone. His wife's immigration status is none of your business. Leave her alone. Your father and mother are adults. Leave them alone.

Marriage for money is illegal. You have admitted that your boyfriend, in fact, married for money.

Stop performing oral sex on the Subway.

Stop posting foolishness on this Board.

Mar 6, 2011, 05:14 PM
    How about you leave the post that you couldn't answer correctly alone? Your answers isn't helpful at all, disappointing in this website for crappy advicer

Mar 6, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Not even cruious your opinion actually , don't even give me advice anymore, guess you got planty of time for this message board .well. Try putting other people posts together, not mine, I don't appriciate it certianly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a dependent L2 visa holder elegiable for a non working Social Security number [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is a dependent L2 visa holder. She is in the process of applying to colleges. She needs a social security number to apply for a scholarship (FAFSA).She appears as a dependent on my person taxes.She has been assigned a ITIN number We have approched the social security office requesting...

IS h4 dependency visa holder eligible for working in US? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am an H1b holder travelling from INdia and my wife will come along with me to US on H4 dependent visa. Is she eligible for working in US? And is she eligible to pursue any of her MASTERS IN enducation there in US?

What's the tax obligation for e-3 visa holder working in New York [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm working in New York and will be arriving with an E-3 visa status, what is the tax obligation like? City tax, state tax and income tax? What are the treatments on my foerign assests that's earning me an income outside of U.S, am I subject of global tax? Tks

Can F-1 visa holder without earning be a dependent for H-1b visa holder husband? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that the question is kind of strange, but here is my situation. I am having H1b visa at present (moved from OPT to H1b last September). My wife is a student with F1 student visa (in Illinois Urbana Champaign). But she has completed her residential requirement and since last year has been...

Taxes for a L2 visa holder working with an EAD [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My wife is currently on a L2 visa and working with an EAD in the state of Texas, her employer withholds federal income tax, social security and medicare taxes. Is it a law that all the above taxes should be deducted for her or is it possible to remove the deductions? Thanks Navin

View more questions Search