Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srutha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 11:46 AM
    I am going on L1B visa Is my spouse eligible to work with a dependent visa...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2011, 12:25 PM

No... she has to have her own visa that has work eligibility. Not all do. Your visa only allows YOU to work.
    Sara-karina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 03:52 AM
    If you have your work permission, and she is depandant upon you,
    So yes she can work with depandant visa
    I also have depandant visa, I am depandant on my husband, who has permission to work in uk, I also work , I am self employed
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 19, 2013, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara-karina View Post
    If you have your work permission, and she is depandant upon you,
    So yes she can work with depandant visa
    I also have depandant visa, i am depandant on my husband, who has permission to work in uk, i also work , i am self employed

L-1 is US visa, conditions are different.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 19, 2013, 10:51 PM
    Your spouse will be on L-2 visa. If she wants to work for private firms, etc. she would need to apply for EAD. However, EAD is not required for self-employed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B-2 visa eligible to receive Dependent care payment? [ 1 Answers ]

We plan to invite my parents to US on B-2 visa to look after our 1yr old toddler. We plan to have them stay for 1 yr (6 month + another 6 month extension). We will pay them for the help, the question is, can we pay them out of the Dependent care account or not. Reading IRS pub 503, we...

Cancellation of family visa to stamp work visa for KSA for my spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ALL, I want to know the procedure to cancel my wife's visa who is dependent on my visa in KSA. I am presently working in KSA and my wife is in India and has received a job offer from KSA. My wife has re entry visa stamped which is valid until August this year. Kindly advice. Thanks, ...

Dependent visa for spouse invalid visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dependent visa possible if spouse is in UK and visa is invalid and he got a new passport from Indian embassy in UK?

View more questions Search