Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kansasgal Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 11:14 AM
    I have a 1999 f150 the wipers won't go down when you shut them
    I have a 1999 f150 the wipers won't go down when you shut them off they park straight We have replace the fuses, wiper motor, some multi switch, I think a relay switch. We have to take the fuse out and push then down. I don't know what it could be.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2011, 11:32 AM

I don't know exactly what the solution is. I would check the under dash fuse for the front wiper motor, under hood wiper speed relay, and under hood wiper park relay. Disconnect the negative battery cable, remove each relay, and clean the male connectors with abrasive cloth; afterwards, apply dielectric grease.

The alternative method, in the link below, is a fast and easy way to test all under hood and under dash fuses in 2 minutes:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 12:43 PM

The position of the ignition switch is very important to proper Generic Electronic Module/Central
    Timer Module(GEM/CTM) operation. Often times, erratic or unexpected operation (or other poor connections) can be traced to problems on these GEM/CTM inputs.
    They also make the schematic simple to follow so strategy based diagnostics is a cinch! NOT!
    Here's the schematic anyway. Follow it carefully and it's not too bad:

Name:  wiper.jpg
Views: 1847
Size:  93.2 KB

The following is a brief description of five ignition switch positions:
    When the ignition switch is in the RUN position, battery voltage should be present at the GEM/CTM RUN and RUN/ACC input terminals.
    When the ignition switch is in the ACC position, battery voltage should be present at the GEM/CTM RUN/ACC input terminal only.
    When the ignition switch is in the START position, battery voltage should be present at the GEM/CTM start/clutch depressed input.
    The GEM module does not have an OFF or LOCK switch state input so the GEM will assume the OFF or LOCK position when there are no RUN, ACC, or START signals present.
    A poor connection at the wrong time can cause numerous and varied problems.
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Mar 6, 2011, 02:51 PM
    Could be a problem with the wiper motor assemblys internal wiper position swith, have had a similar problem on a 02 f150 my soultion was getting a new wiper motor/drive unit from the salvage yard for $15, and throwing it on in the parking lot. But since you already replaced the motor assembly, try turning the wipers on then shut them off shut the ignition off, unboldt the motor assembly, push the wipers down and reinstall the motor, the output shaft on the new motor could have been clocked wrong when you originally installed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 1999 f150 the wipers won't go down when you shut them [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 f150 the wipers won't go down when you shut them off they park straight We have replace the fuses, wiper motor, some multi switch, I think a relay switch, don't know what else to try

91 f150 4X4 5.8 won't run [ 6 Answers ]

91 f 150 4x4 5.8 won't run. It will run on carb cleaner. This what I have done. Had bad fuel pump changed fuel pump and fuel filter. Has 40 lbs at the fuel rail. Cranking over 40 lbs at rail. Check injector's with noid light every thing good there. Lossen rail and pulled 1 injector to see if fuel...

1997 ford f150 waherfluid pump and wipers don't work when I push the button. [ 2 Answers ]

Wipers work just fine when you turn them on, just nothing when I push the button. Can't seem to locate a fuse for this. Can anyone help with the location of the fuse. Swapped the relay with no luck.

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis windshield wipers won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1992 mercury grand marquis and my windsheild wipers stopped working I checked all the fuses in my whole car under the dash and under the hood, and everything was fine. I then thought it was the motor so I bought a new one and had it installed and still nothing works. When the new motor was...

1994 Accord wipers won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1994 accord lx with wipers that are balky first thing in the Morning. Eventually I can get them to cycle by using the spray function. Is there a relay or such that might need replacing? This site has been a great source and helped me earlier solve the Main relay issue...

View more questions Search