Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lor1013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 08:33 AM
    22 year old female not knowing what career path to take
    I thought I wanted to enter into the medical field of ultrasonic technican but I am finding out that I am struggling more mentally and wondering if my unhappiness is worth it. I don't know what I want to do in life and I guess that's the problem. Is there a career path questionare out there that would give me some direction
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 1, 2011, 09:45 AM
    I took a career path questionnaire once with some classmates; we all thought it was a joke.
    I'm not sure where to find one online.
    Tell us a little about where you are in life at 22 (college grad, job experience, what?) and maybe we can help, and if life is just getting you down, maybe we can help with that too.
    Medical fields still have jobs, possibly more than any other at the moment, as you probably know.
    Every day we see people drop careers, good ones, wanting change.
    But it doesn't hurt to have training to fall back on. If you like babies, for instance, you could do ultrasound in a prenatal clinic exclusively. If you prefer to be outdoors or like animals, you could opt for a lot less pay but more happiness, your choice. You could work per diem, when you want, and live more cheaply.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 09:55 AM

Your school's career or dean's office should be able to give you a test called the Myers-Briggs. It's a personality test that will tell you what you're good at and what your best characteristics are. (For instance, I'm an "E" meaning extrovert, which tells why I have always had and loved jobs dealing with people. My husband is an "I" introvert and prefers jobs working alone or with only a few people, and wants absolutely no customer service.)

There are interest tests too, but the Myers-Briggs might be the most helpful for you, especially if a counselor sits down with you to discuss the results.

Here's an abbreviated version of the M-B --

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which career path? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey! I have talked to counselors at my school about this, yet none seemed to help! You guys always have great advice so I thought I would take myself here :) I am currently going to be a sophomore and I am trying to discover where my passion lies, I really want to focus and graduate in 4 years...

What Career path should I take? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a lot of difficulty deciding what I should do once I am finished my B.A. in Anthropology (it is my major, sociology is my minor). I am in my third year of my undergrad and am 20 years old. I do enjoy the courses I am taking and if I had the money or was paid to go to school I would...

Career Path [ 1 Answers ]

I have one and a half year experience in Siebel Functional Testing plus 6 months internship in Siebel technology(completed a project during internship).Worked on CRM and PRM modules. What type of career prospects I have ?

View more questions Search