Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 05:17 PM

I just hope he/she whoever comes back and reads the positive comments and realizes we are not all that bad in supporting an OP in a destination to solve a problem.

Tick
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 10:37 PM

Our "bashing" in way defines us as bad. We volunteer our time to help those who genuinly need help.

Once in a while we get these stories or problems that just seem too unreal. Maybe they are maybe they aren't but either way ANYBODY that does what the OP does and in that manner has far more things to worry about then sueing her money manager. As stated by another poster, anybody with a money manager has money and there's no need to put themselves in this situation.

I don't believe the story for a minute, and if it was true I would tell the OP that she needs to worry about far more important things than sueing her money manager.
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 03:21 AM

IT you don't have to remind me that we all volunteer here. Where did I say 'bashing' defines us as anything? I give up a lot of time for this site and enjoy every minute of it even working over 50 hours a week. Some of us bashed some of us didn't. What difference does it make now.

Okay, so OP may be misdirected; misdirected in a way that means she didn't exactly explain her situation to everyone's liking. So what. All over and done with now.

As for helping people, we 'volunteers' do that 99.9% of the time. This is just one we lost out on, that's all.

Tick
    Networking Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 06:28 AM

Tick,

I didn't quote your post therefore my post wasn't directed toward you specifically. I took some words you had used and some inuendos and used them to explain to EVERYBODY reading not just you. I know you know how we work and what we're about. I realize I don't need to explain anything to you!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2011, 07:19 AM

We have been burned too many times. Many times I have bent over backwards to give OPs the benefit of the doubt only to find a troll. This one is too incredulous and the story has too many holes for me to believe.

IF the OP was looking for help with being stranded or assaulted or raped, I would have been more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt. But the help asked for was how to extract revenge on the money manager who allegedly didn't help her in her hour of need. Help that should never have been needed or asked for in the first place. So I'm sticking with my belief in trolls and will not apologize for it.
    Networking Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 07:32 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ScottGem again.
    Networking Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 07:33 AM

Exactly what Scottgem said. In a time where you are raped, drugged and beaten, why are you worrying about money? That right there makes it sound FAKE!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2011, 07:49 AM

Hello again,

This is the LAW board. If people behaved "normally", there wouldn't be a NEED for a law board. If you're looking for a place where people act weird, so you can flame them, this is the board for you.

excon
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    We have been burned too many times. Many times I have bent over backwards to give OPs the benefit of the doubt only to find a troll. This one is too incredulous and the story has too many holes for me to believe.

IF the OP was looking for help with being stranded or assaulted or raped, I would have been more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt. But the help asked for was how to extract revenge on the money manager who allegedly didn't help her in her hour of need. Help that should never have been needed or asked for in the first place. So I'm sticking with my belief in trolls and will not apologize for it.
    Yes I realize what you mean. I must be pretty long suffering though, or my ability to relate to people who are down and out and in need, hurt is just built into me. It is what I do for a living, helping people. It is my profession. I empathize.

I would never expect anyone in this thread to apologize for their take on the OPs problems. Why would I do that. I am not apologizing.

I love that we are all so strongly hot blooded about what we do here; that is what makes us different from other boards.

Scott, you must know I respect your opinion always.

Tick
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

This is the LAW board. If people behaved "normally", there wouldn't be a NEED for a law board. If you're looking for a place where people act weird, so you can flame them, this is the board for you.

excon
    I tried to give you a greenie but it wouldn't let me, exxy.

We act weird sometimes, not all the time. Sometimes we are quite sociable and nice to be around. And agreeable.

Tick
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Wow. I'm pretty surprised at most of the answers that were given in this thread. Yes, the OP's story wasn't very believable but In my opinion ridicule and berating her is completely uncalled for and extremely inappropriate. I think that one of the unnamed but obvious requirements for volunteering to help people on this site is a modicum of compassion. There was a serious lack of it in this thread.

What if the story was true? What if the OP has physical or mental problems that hamper her and that's why she has a money manager and doesn't use credit or debit cards or ATM's?

And if the story wasn't true then the OP is obviously someone who has a problem. Ridiculing her is the kind of reaction I'd expect from children.

I find this to be embarrassing. I suggest that the mods remove this thread.
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post

I find this to be embarrassing. I suggest that the mods remove this thread.

Okay you found it embarrassing. And I think the mods know what you have pointed out.

There were some responses here that involved some long time experts/

I find it not so embarrassing, as disturbing. There is possibly a troll involved and that happens on most forums, lisa.

Trolls do their jobs well and this is one of them. So if you have any more comments, do it now, otherwise, I think this thread should be closed.

Tick
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 2, 2011, 04:26 PM

Well, I'm not sure how the closing of the threads works--but should the OP be legitimate, I would want her to have access to the sound advice she received. I would hate for someone in that sad of a situation to feel she has no one to ask for advice here.

Will the thread remain visible to the OP if she returns to view it?
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 04:26 PM
    If the OP was a troll then ignoring her and having the thread removed would have been more appropriate than feeding her.

Yes, it was disturbing. Disturbing enough to lead me to post. I never would have posted if it hadn't bothered me so much to read what was written here.
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 04:27 PM
    If the thread is closed then I believe she can read it but not post to it anymore.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 04:43 PM

I don't have access to debit cards, checks, OR credit cards. I rarely carry money on myself unless I put my hand out to my husband (my money manager) like a Blondie & Dagwood cartoon.

I have also been in a very similar circumstance when I lived in Alaska. So I actually believe the OP.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 04:46 PM

Well I don't believe a word of it, but I will close the thread
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 04:47 PM

I'm sorry, I do believe it to an extent because I have lived it almost 20 years ago.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2011, 05:05 PM

I'm going to add one point here, especially since I was the first to "attack" the OP.

I have no doubt that people have been stranded without funds, especially in the days prior to ATMs. But I find the combination of factors here to be what stretches credibility to the breaking point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a stranded couple [ 1 Answers ]

This is about a pilot is is flying a widow and the coffin of her husband and the plane crashes and they get stranded on an island. The story is how they survive and their struggle to find a way out. The twist is when the lady finds out that the coffin is empty. The climax is when they realize the...

Films about being stranded on a island [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anybody think of any films about people being stranded on a desert island I thought of castaway Blue lagoon Swept away Seven days an seven nights Can you help ?

I Sold a Car 6 days ago and now the new owner wants their money back [ 9 Answers ]

I sold a 1992 Nissan Maxima for $800 on May 11, 2008. On May 12, I mailed in the post card saying that I'm no longer in possession of the vehicle. My boyfriend showed him the car and explained that we were asking $1200, but we knew that the muffler needed work and the oil needed changing and we...

Stranded on a deserted Island [ 4 Answers ]

One day an Irishman, who had been stranded on a deserted island for more than 10 years, saw a speck on the horizon. He thought to himself, 'It's certainly not a ship.' As the speck got closer and closer, he began to rule out the possibilities of a small boat and even a raft. ...

View more questions Search