Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    p42once Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 01:28 PM
    I need opinions about investment
    Hi my names Russell and I'm a new user here. I just finished from working in a cruise ship for 5 months and I've saved up 15 grand. I'd appreciate it if I can get some suggestions on the best ways to invest this kind of money.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
    To give good advice on this we would need more info. How old are you? What other investments do you have? What are your goals for this money? What is your toleration for risk?

Jan 19, 2007, 01:39 PM
    I'm 21 years old, have no other invesments, my goals for this money is to make it grow ofcoarse but I don't have a clue, and I can handle a little risk. What bank has the best annual % on savings?

Jan 19, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Do you want to leave this money for long term growth, short term growth or what?

Currently banks are paying about 5% on short term savings with slightly higher yields on longer term savings. You are more likely to get higher returns from mutual funds. But the long or short term needs are a key to which way to go.

Jan 19, 2007, 02:03 PM
    What would YOU do with this kind of money. For business purpose.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Yes how long you can leave it is a issue, if you want full risk, you have money market accounts still doing 12 percent and better, but you can loose the entire investment if the market really went bad,

If you are looking a lot longer term you can put some of it in a IRA for retirement

Best bet, sit down with at least 3 investment experts, banker, investment company and see what seems best for your needs and feelings

Jan 19, 2007, 02:13 PM
    What I would do with it may not match your pruposes. Personally I would use it to pay off debt.

I was also thinking about putting part of it away in an IRA depending on whether your goals are long term or short term. But investment advice has to fit the investor. Following advice that doesn't fit is a recipe for disaster.

Jan 19, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Thanks father, maybe I'll consider that. You think I'll be lucky in vegas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any opinions ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I was kind of with this girl in the summber but we both went on vacation like she went on a week or seomthing. Day she came back I left for mine for 2 weeks than when I came back she left again.. so we started fighting and things changed. Didn't talk to her for awhile saw her around and saw...

Opinions appreciated [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for two years. The problem is is that I'm not sure if my feelings for him are waning due to what's recently happened in our lives or that I really don't want to be with him for certain things. In less than 12 months, I've changed colleges, lost my job, and...

Need opinions [ 2 Answers ]

My nephew has an outstanding warrant for drug use. He did not appear in court. His dad signed a 5000.00 surety bond and he did not appear. Since the first incident my sisters home has been raided once again. They did not find my nephew there. They did arrest his dad (my brotherinlaw) for stolen...

Just looking for some opinions on a case [ 6 Answers ]

I was charged with trespassing. I entered a school, requesting at the administration to speak with a individual from that school. This was denied, and I was asked to leave. Upon exiting in the corridor area, the student was there, they invited me to speak with them. I spoke with them and a...

Guys Opinions Please [ 15 Answers ]

To all the guys... if you had a girl call you every day for months for business advice (truly) would you be irritated with her? I tried calling once or twice on a friendly basis but his married and I don't want any trouble... just business... (I mean we talk personal after business conversation...

View more questions Search