Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    highlyfavoredjb Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 12:24 AM
    How to stop tile from cracking in shower?
    Stone tile cracking in shower.

Feb 28, 2011, 12:30 AM
    Any products to stop stone tile from cracking in the shower?"
    Anything I can do to stop stone tile from cracking?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 04:04 PM

Tile cracks because the floor or pan below it is flexing. Your problems are bigger than you currently think and will get even bigger when the pan starts to leak. A tear out is the route to take, no patching will work
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2011, 01:07 AM

I concur. U will have nothing but problems down the road. Bob's suggestion is right on.

Chuck

Mar 2, 2011, 09:01 PM
    Thank you for the right answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you lay tile over tile on the inside shower walls? [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new house and I need to re do 2 bathrooms that have a gray tile around the 3 shower walls, so I was wanting to know if I could tile over them with the smaller tiles with the mesh backing?

Do we tile all of the shower walls even around the shower pipes then shower handle on [ 4 Answers ]

We are tiling around the tub do we tile all 3 walls then put shower handle and tub spout on walls or do we put tub handle on wall then tile around it?

Stop the cracking of caulk? [ 5 Answers ]

In my kitchen, I use subway tile to make a backsplash (well, I went up about 2 feet). Anyway, the seal between the counter and the tiles keeps cracking! I have tried 3 times. I am about to try again... Any tips, or some special product that will help it not crack?

How to stop interior paint cracking [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am redecorating a house I have recently bought. One bedroom had navy blue paint on the lower half then a wall paper border and wall paper on the upper half. I removed all the wall paper, filled in any holes, sanded the walls and washed them with sugar soap and then wiped them over with clean...

Shower tile cracking [ 1 Answers ]

Will leaving a wet wash cloth on a tiled shower floor for long periods cause cracking of the tiles? Thank you for your help. Gallagher's

View more questions Search