Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbiejade Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Is my bellybutton piercing OK?
    I had my bellybutton pierced 5 days ago, and I kept playing with it for the first few days. I use savlon spray and cotton buds to clean it, that the boots staff recommended, is this OK? I clean it about 2-3 times a day. And today I took the top ball out to clean around the area, and it its slightly yellow around the bar then red around that. I sprayed the solution and the bar accidentelly slipped out, and I noticed that the bottom hole was the same as the top but a little more red. But the bar slipped in easy. It hurts when I bend over or knock it and sometimes it hurts a little bit anyway. When I run my finger between the balls on my skin, it is a little lumpy. I had it done at a place that a friend recommended and her piercing was fine but it only cost £15. He first cleaned it with a red looking spray then used a one time use needle. My other friend had it done at the same time and hers is just a little red. I'm 13 and my parents don't know I've had it done. Also people keep talking about dial soap, what is this an were is it from? Is my piercing OK and am I doing everything right??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2011, 12:57 PM

You aren't going to want to hear this BUT I investigated a case where a person ended up with a very bad blood infection from a belly button piercing.

You are under age and it is inappropriate to give you medical advice.

You need to tell your parents, get medical treatment and then decide whether the person who did the piercing (and charged for it) should be reported to the authorities.

Feb 27, 2011, 01:01 PM
    I had adult permission though. Some people say these symptoms are normal too, do you not think so?
    The piercing place is a registered and clean tattoo and piercing place.

Feb 27, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Thank you for your advice though. Do you have any advice on my dial soap question and about how I am looking after my piercing?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2011, 03:40 PM

You said your parents don't know about it - what other adult can legally give you permission? None that I know about.

Dial soap (in theory) kills germs - would I trust it when I thought I had an infection? No. It's NOT a first aid tool.

Mar 5, 2011, 01:28 PM
    My step dad came with me, also is savlon spray OK?

Mar 5, 2011, 01:31 PM
    Is my bellybutton piercing OK?
    I had my bellybutton pierced 5 days ago, and I kept playing with it for the first few days. I use savlon spray and cotton buds to clean it, that the boots staff recommended, is this OK? I clean it about 2-3 times a day. And today I took the top ball out to clean around the area, and it its slightly yellow around the bar then red around that. I sprayed the solution and the bar accidentelly slipped out, and I noticed that the bottom hole was the same as the top but a little more red. But the bar slipped in easy. It hurts when I bend over or knock it and sometimes it hurts a little bit anyway. When I run my finger between the balls on my skin, it is a little lumpy. I had it done at a place that a friend recommended and her piercing was fine but it only cost £15. He first cleaned it with a red looking spray then used a one time use needle. My other friend had it done at the same time and hers is just a little red. I'm 13 and my parents don't know I've had it done. Also people keep talking about dial soap, what is this an were is it from? Is my piercing OK and am I doing everything right??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 02:51 PM

Stop playing around with it and just leave it alone. No, not Dial soap. When you shower let the water run over the area, don't move it. You are being too paranoid about the condition of the area. I would wash over it thoroughly with 3% peroxide mixed with water. Just wash over it don't touch it unless you wash you hands well before.

If you forget about and it and keep it clean it will will heal and be fine.

Tell your mom you had it done, nothing can be gained by keeping things like this secret.

Tick

Mar 6, 2011, 04:14 AM
    Is my bellybutton OK?
    Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 05:24 AM

You already got an answer to your question the first time. I don't know why you asked the same question again.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/body-a...ok-559871.html

Mar 6, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Because I wanted an non judgemental opinion
    Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abbiejade View Post
    cos i wanted an non judgemental opinion
    You got an answer from a healthcare professional, which is purely based on wound care. Was that what my reply was about? Who cares if it is non judgemental or not?

Did you see any other answers forthcoming from your, what, second question?

Enjoy your belly button piercing. There is some really lovely jewellery to attach.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bellybutton piercing [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! I really want to get my bellybutton pierced this fall, and am really excited to do so! My question is, does it hurt that bad? I mean, I cannot take pain, shots make me almost faint, but they don't even hurt, but I get myself so nervous! Has anyone here had their bellybutton pierced? Does...

I pierced my own bellybutton! [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I tired piercing my own belly button with out telling my parents. I decided not to keep it, so I am closing it up. The only thing is that I am worried about infections and that I will have to tell my parents if it gets ifnected. Is it normal for it to be a little painful today? Help! I...

Bellybutton piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

What does it feel like to get your bellybutton pierced? And is it painful, or is it simply like getting your ears pierced? Thank's.

Bellybutton issue [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've had my bellybutton pierced for about 4 months now, I've began to notice that there is a tiny red bump below the piercing like right under the lower hole, occasionally it has some blood or puss around it what should I do, I really don't want to remove the piercing. HELP!:/

Bellybutton infection [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have any piercings, but I frequently have an infection inside my bellybotton. When I go to clean it out I can feel some discomfort all the way down my groin. Could it be a symptom of something else (prostrate, etc.)?

View more questions Search