Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andyrose Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 12:06 PM
    Red wine and HDL level.
    I'm a 62 year old male in excellent health. I drink one 8 oz glass of red wine at lunch, which significantly raises my HDL level. Prior to drinking the red wine, it was a dangerously low 29. Now it's a more respectable 45. Would it make any difference if I were to drink one 4 oz glass at lunch and another 4 oz glass at dinner, or would this have the same effect? Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 12:35 PM

Good for you. Knowing how to control your HDLs is the first step towards taking care of your heart. By raising your HDL you are scouring out the plaque from your blood vessels and sending it to the liver for processing. I don't think it will make any difference though when you have that 8 ounces. It will have the same effect, 4 oz. at lunch, 4 oz. at dinner.

Tick
    Andyrose Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 12:44 PM
    Thank you
    Thanks very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Red wine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my husbands likes Red wine and is happy to pay quite a lot for a good bottle. It is his 40th birthday coming up and I would like to get him a special birthday bottle - can you recommend one? I am happy to pay £60 plus for a special bottle. He likes all sorts from French to Chillian to Spanish....

Life of a red wine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm a wine lover and mostly I lyk the red wine.. I want to know what is the life of a normal price(ex:between 10$ to $20) seald bottle wine? I hve a few bottles which are made in 2002 and 2004...

Red Wine [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me is it OK to use red wine for cooking which has been opened for 6 - 8 weeks, it has been kept at a low temperature.

Red Wine [ 5 Answers ]

After I open a bottle of red wine how should it be stored and for how long will it be good?

View more questions Search