Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtriderr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 08:14 AM
    I have an Imac, Safari 10.6.
    Very slow at start up. Then by passes my log in, goes directly to my desk top. Then takes 5 minutes before I can click on anything. After 10 to 15 minutes it freezes up then I get the spinning color wheel. It will spin for hours if I let it. I have to turn the computer off manually. I have ran disk utility, updated, and even reinstalled Snow Leopard OSX. Nothing has worked. HELP!!
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 4, 2011, 08:22 AM
    Insert your OS DVD and start while holding the "C" you will be able to choose Disk Utility from the menus when the box appears for you to start the installation. In disk Utility run disk Repair and Permissions repair. If there is a correctable error on your hard drive this should fix it if you get any error messages write them down and contact Apple if your unit is under warranty or Apple care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safari [ 0 Answers ]

I have a web site stored in my bookmarks and visit it regularly. For some reason for the last several weeks I have been getting a message that says "Safari can’t open the page “http://www.ripdifferent.com/mtr/” because Safari can’t find the server “www.ripdifferent.com”. Now this is happening on my...

How do I get my safari like this? [ 2 Answers ]

I just downloaded Safari. I was on Tumblr and I saw my friends Safari (if her browser is even Safari.) was like this. http://i55.tinypic.com/2h6811t.jpg The bottoms links, with he Skype picture, iTunes, Yahoo! Messenger, etc. How do I get mine like that? I'm thinking it might just be the Windows...

Safari won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mac and the safari isn't working. Right now I'm using my iPod touch to post this problem. I try to open safari and the page won't even open. The little icon will bounce once. I opened up console and it said that safari crashed. This is what it says Jul 21 12:49:30 aphrodite crashdump...

Safari for Windows [ 7 Answers ]

I'm loving Firefox but can't resist trying this out for a bit: Apple - Safari 3 Public Beta - Download

View more questions Search