Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skinnyminny43 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 06:07 PM
    Paycheck
    How long can a Kansas employer hold paycheck from employee it has been over a week, I am currently still employed but going to quit due to health reasons that employer knows about
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 06:17 PM

They normally can hold it until your next pay period which is either weekly or bimonthly. So if the norm is payday every Friday they can hold it until the following Monday is business is closed. But keeping it longer then that they would have to provide an explination of some kind and face penalties. Have you tried contacting the labor board in your area ?

Feb 26, 2011, 06:36 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    No should I contact the labor board or an attorney
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2011, 06:53 PM

Start with the State Dept of Labor. If paychecks are scheduled then you are entitled to yours on schedule.

Feb 26, 2011, 06:55 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    But it has been over a week and I still don't have it
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 07:51 PM

Still call the labor board on Monday and they can explain your rights. Then if you don't get satisfaction see a lawyer. The labor board can bring sanctions without court orders. So depending on the backlog they can move on it quicker. Plus they may owe interest. Are you the only one or is this everyone?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 09:32 PM

If you are still working, what is your regular pay date ?

Do you normally get paid on Mon or Wed or perhaps Fri

So normally do you get paid this week, for last weeks pay ( most common method) so they have not pay you for the regular pay, even though you are still working ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last paycheck [ 4 Answers ]

its been about 3 weeks now and since I resigned from my job and they still won't give me my pay they do answer when I call but the manager just says random week days what can I do or is there a fine for them? its been about three weeks since I resigned from my work I was only there about a...

No paycheck [ 2 Answers ]

I work for this employer who is now five days late on my paycheck and won't return my calls. I once had a paycheck bounce. What can I do?:mad:

Getting my Paycheck. [ 3 Answers ]

Well... I have quit a job recently and its been two months since I last contacted or seen them and I know I'm at fault for not leaving a two weeks notice being unprofessional and all. But Im am not getting a paycheck for the work that I have done. I mean the job is commissioned based and I know...

Truck driver Lives paycheck to paycheck, do you relate? [ 9 Answers ]

I am an over the road truck driver now and I Live check to check, bad credit, No savings. Overwhelming bills with constant calls you avoid, rent, insurance,mouths to feed,past due on owed taxes, past due car tabs, car payment that has upside down loan, so I cannot sell the car.. I pay most...

View more questions Search