Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigTimC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 04:38 PM
    I am installing a whirlpool Microwave an oven combo model# rm288pxv5
    I am installing a whirlpool Microwave an oven combo model# rm288pxv5 wiring for electrical outlet has a green, red, white an black. Which one is the hot which is the ground what is the purpose of each wire?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Please do not attempt this if you are not experienced with 240V, which apparently you are not if you are asking what wire is ground. Were there no instructions with the unit? Is there a plug on the end or just loose wires? Is there an outlet wall box? How many openings in the outlet or just loose wires in the box. I can tell you the colors but there is more than 1 hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a microwave oven [ 3 Answers ]

How do install a sharp carousel microwave oven?

Installing a microwave oven dange hood [ 4 Answers ]

I am about to replace my old range hood with a microwave oven range hood. After removing the old hood anything to it besides wiring and installing the microwave hood in the place of the old hood? Thanks for your help, Tim

Microwave oven installing [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to install an above stove microwave oven I have no manuals for this maytag oven #mmv4205aaw thanks

Installing 220v oven with a convection/microwave [ 1 Answers ]

I have a convection/microwave and a standard oven to be installed... Both are to be in the same location stacked. There's only one source of 220v. Can they both be installed on the same line just separate plugs? Thanks!

Microwave/Oven Combo 40 amp rough in whire size [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new Whirlpool microwave/oven combo (model GMC275) which calls for a 40 amp circuit. I need to run a new home run to the sub-panel and install a 40 amp breaker. The run is about 60 feet. What is the romex wire size I need to use?

View more questions Search